• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Feature request

tinach

Question

9 answers to this question

Several of the items you list are definitely not features of TiVoToGo as currently implenented and advertised... so I would not consider them not "working" today.

>* Remote control over the TiVo including the ability to delete programming, add and change schedules and settings, view messages, etc.

>* Similarly, the ability to straem live TV from TiVo

>* Ability to transfer programming from the computer to the TiVo

As for this one... have you tried it? I can start watching a show prior to it being full downloaded.

>* Enhanced download speed providing ability to view program while it is being downloaded

As for this one... have you tried it? I can start watching a show prior to it being full downloaded.

You will only be able to watch the portion that had been downloaded at the moment you started viewing. The EyeTV viewer will not chase the download to the end. In order to view the complete program, you have to wait for the transfer to finish. Check it out by moving the playhead.

First and foremost, all current "featurers" need to work properly.

* Ability to view TiVo contentents in folder view

* Ability to organize downloads into folders

* Remote control over the TiVo including the ability to delete programming, add and change schedules and settings, view messages, etc.

* Enhanced download speed providing ability to view program while it is being downloaded

* Similarly, the ability to straem live TV from TiVo

* Ability to transfer programming from the computer to the TiVo

Several of the items you list are definitely not features of TiVoToGo as currently implenented and advertised... so I would not consider them not "working" today.

>* Remote control over the TiVo including the ability to delete programming, add and change schedules and settings, view messages, etc.

>* Similarly, the ability to straem live TV from TiVo

>* Ability to transfer programming from the computer to the TiVo

>* Enhanced download speed providing ability to view program while it is being downloaded

I think that you misunderstood my point which was, first get everything in the current version working properly and then, and only then, move on to new featurers including, possibly, the ones listed. I did not mean to imply that the features listed were present in the current release.

As to another user's post regarding which web site feature requests ought to be posted on (Roxio or TiVo), why is this mutually exclusive? Certainly TiVo, as the developer, ought to hear user opinions and no one's suggesting otherwise. However, the product is marketed and sold exclusively by Roxio. Roxio's name is on the disc. Surely Roxio bears some responsibility for the satisfaction of its coustomers? Further, as TiVo's sole distribution source, Roxio has influence over the future course and direction of development.

I think that you misunderstood my point which was, first get everything in the current version working properly and then, and only then, move on to new featurers including, possibly, the ones listed. I did not mean to imply that the features listed were present in the current release.

As to another user's post regarding which web site feature requests ought to be posted on (Roxio or TiVo), why is this mutually exclusive? Certainly TiVo, as the developer, ought to hear user opinions and no one's suggesting otherwise. However, the product is marketed and sold exclusively by Roxio. Roxio's name is on the disc. Surely Roxio bears some responsibility for the satisfaction of its coustomers? Further, as TiVo's sole distribution source, Roxio has influence over the future course and direction of development.

I understand now and agree with both of your points.

Archived