• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Vista x64 & "Unable to load skin" error

lgbjr

Question

Hi All,

first, let me say I know EMC9 Deluxe is not supported under vista x64. Having said that:

I have installed EMC9 Deluxe under vista Ultimate (x86) on a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop and it runs fine (though I haven't tried everything yet). however, this is not where I want EMC installed. I have a Dell Precision 690 running vista Ultimate x64 that I would prefer to use.

the installation under vista x64 goes well (except for one unsigned driver, which I take care of by not enforcing digital signatures at boot). The non-video/photo functions under EMC work fine (disc copier, Drag-to-disc, etc.), but when I try to start anything that requires roxio to render something (Create DVD, slideshow, etc), I get a "Unable to load Skin" error and the called application never opens.

I've looked at the other threads related to this error and have done a clean install, etc., but still get the same error.

Does anyone have EMC9 running under Vista x64? Or has anyone tried this and failed with the same or different error? Actually, the only reason I tried this install was because XP x64 is now supported and I was hoping that some of the x64 support might have leaked into Vista :)

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears!

BR,

Lee

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived