Color balance in VideoWave 9

David Bate

Question

I have recently upgraded from Creator 7 to Creator 9 and am having difficulty applying colour correction to video scenes, which used to be simple in Creator 7. The slider bars in the supplementary tool bar in the Preview panel do not do anything at all. Am I missing something or have I got a faulty installation?

7 answers to this question

Thanks for your help. However, I have done as you suggest and still no solution.

After running 'video test' (it avtually says 'graphics test' on my version), The dot is against hardware.

The video card is set to performance and porogram controlled anti-aliasing etc

I am running at 1024x768.

I do not know how to check thtat my windows display setting is at 96 dpi

I have rolled back WMP11 to v.10 and IE7 to v.6

I have tried to run a repair install but it asks for a file that I have not got, viz:

Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 suite.msi

I bought version 9 as a downlaod, and the installer reference a temporary file location - I fear that the file has been deleted on clean-up.

What next??

Colour balancing works with other packages (e.g. PhotoShop)

I have recently upgraded from Creator 7 to Creator 9 and am having difficulty applying colour correction to video scenes, which used to be simple in Creator 7. The slider bars in the supplementary tool bar in the Preview panel do not do anything at all. Am I missing something or have I got a faulty installation?

Make sure you have selected the section of the video that you want to colorize. What kind of video file is it?

Sometimes the Home menu doesn't open the program completely. Try opening VideoWave from Windows>Star>Programs> EMC 9> Video>VideoWave. Please let us know if this works.

Previous reply gave an error message after I'd submitted it - possibly a connectivity problem. So repeated here:

I have added my computer specs to my signature as instructed.

My NVIDIA Video Driver is Version 9.1.4.7 dated 11/08/2006. No more recent update appears to be available.

In addition to the colour balance problems, I also find that most Video Effects do not work.

Make sure you have selected the section of the video that you want to colorize. What kind of video file is it?

Sometimes the Home menu doesn't open the program completely. Try opening VideoWave from Windows>Star>Programs> EMC 9> Video>VideoWave. Please let us know if this works.

I have selected the section of video by clicking the appropriate scene in storyline view. Is this the correct way to do it? The file is an avi file, but I have also tried it with an MPEG2 file and it doesn't work that way either.

I cannot follow exactly the opening path that you suggest. My installation appears to go Windows>Start>Programs>Roxio Easy Media Creator 9>Video>Video Wave but I presume that is near enough. It makes no difference.

Regards - David

Previous reply gave an error message after I'd submitted it - possibly a connectivity problem. So repeated here:

I have added my computer specs to my signature as instructed.

My NVIDIA Video Driver is Version 9.1.4.7 dated 11/08/2006. No more recent update appears to be available.

In addition to the colour balance problems, I also find that most Video Effects do not work.

If you can't do the color and are having trouble with effects, it points to your video card settings. Those are the latest drivers so we'll have to look further. Open VideoWave and go to the top menu. Select tools, options and run the video test. You'll see a black screen and flashing numbers. You will not get any result other than where the dot is after the test. Is it near hardware or software?

With that video set up, it should be near hardware. If it is not, make sure your card is set to performance or balanced and not appearance. Also make sure that the card is set to program controlled for antiailising and anisotropic filtering. Those are options you can change on the video card control panel.

Make sure you are running at or above the minimum display resolution for the program and that your Windows display setting is 96 dpi.

Are you using WMP 11 and or IE 7. Some people have problems if these are installed. I don't seem to have any with V8 and those programs but some people do. You should be OK with V9 but you may want to roll them back to the previous version of nothing else helps.

The next step would be to run a repair install from Windows>Control Panel> Add Remove programs

Since the simple fix didn't work... please post your computer specs. If you put them in your signature, they will always be available. Click on My Controls at the top and then select edit signature on the left. Look at some others to see what kind of information is needed. Please list and update the drivers for your video card. In many cases, that is he fix for display/rendering problems.

I have selected the section of video by clicking the appropriate scene in storyline view. Is this the correct way to do it? The file is an avi file, but I have also tried it with an MPEG2 file and it doesn't work that way either.

I cannot follow exactly the opening path that you suggest. My installation appears to go Windows>Start>Programs>Roxio Easy Media Creator 9>Video>Video Wave but I presume that is near enough. It makes no difference.

Regards - David

Since the simple fix didn't work... please post your computer specs. If you put them in your signature, they will always be available. Click on My Controls at the top and then select edit signature on the left. Look at some others to see what kind of information is needed. Please list and update the drivers for your video card. In many cases, that is he fix for display/rendering problems.

Archived