• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

My DVD

clifdene

Question

4 answers to this question

You need to give us more info. What type of file, any error messages, computer specs etc.

Thanks. I create the video file (mpeg) in Videowave. The file plays perfectly. I can write the file to a DVD and it plays perfectly on the PC but does not play on my DVD Player. I use My DVD to prepare a DVD. I can preview it perfectly both intro and video but it does not burn the video file just the intro.

MD Athlon 64, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3500+, 2048 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM), Radeon X600, XPHome SP2. DirectX 9.0c

Thanks. I create the video file (mpeg) in Videowave. The file plays perfectly. I can write the file to a DVD and it plays perfectly on the PC but does not play on my DVD Player. I use My DVD to prepare a DVD. I can preview it perfectly both intro and video but it does not burn the video file just the intro.

MD Athlon 64, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3500+, 2048 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM), Radeon X600, XPHome SP2. DirectX 9.0c

Some type of standalone dvd players don't seem to like home made dvd's so you should try different brands of media. First, try to play the disc on a few other players, maybe a friends. If they work, then you should just experiment with different brands.

One other thing that might help is to burn to an image file first then use Disc Copier to burn to disc and maybe you can try burning at a slower speed as some older players seem to work better with discs burned this way.

Some type of standalone dvd players don't seem to like home made dvd's so you should try different brands of media. First, try to play the disc on a few other players, maybe a friends. If they work, then you should just experiment with different brands.

One other thing that might help is to burn to an image file first then use Disc Copier to burn to disc and maybe you can try burning at a slower speed as some older players seem to work better with discs burned this way.

Thanks. I do not have a problem playing my type of DVD on my player. I can burn an Image using Creator Classic. This Image as mentioned above does not play on my player. I can burn discs using DVD Builder in 6 without any problem. It may of course be the Mpeg file.

Archived