Adding .AVI file for burning

sbbhg

Question

14 answers to this question

Sorry for acting dumb, but i downloaded the klite pack. What do I have to do with my movie file to get it to work? It will still not let me add it to be burned???

Did you reboot? Did you install the codecs? What do you see when you try to import the file?

Did you install a newer version of Divx? If you did, there are some other steps you'll have to take.

Sorry for acting dumb, but i downloaded the klite pack. What do I have to do with my movie file to get it to work? It will still not let me add it to be burned???

I just rebooted... Is there something I need to do to install the codec? When I go to add the file to burn, it still has the red line thru it.

I just rebooted... Is there something I need to do to install the codec? When I go to add the file to burn, it still has the red line thru it.

I haven't used the pack in years and just install codecs as I need them but I believe you need to run the install on the pack....correct? If so, did you?

If you did and still have the red line thru it, you may need to do what's mentioned in this post.

If you look at the files do they have a red circle with a line through them?If so then chances are that you are missing the codec to read the files.AVI is basically just a container,the files could be DivX,XVid,etc..

What you need to do is find out what kind of file they are and make sure you have the correct codec on your machine for reading them.

Yes it does have a line thru it. Can you please help me? Where do I find the right codec???

Give Gspot a try. It's free and will tell you what codecs are needed and what you have on your system. If you have the codecs and it's still not working, it might be a problem with divx and we'll need to make other suggestions. We need to know what type of file it is.

Archived