DVDit Pro 6 Disc Playback issues

Andynwuk

Question

We have today upgraded from DVD Producer on advise of Sonic UK. We soon got the hang of DVDit Pro 6 and it wasn't long before burning our first disc. (DVD-5) using our Pioneer 111 writer and Verbatim Media.

The disc burning process went OK and all was well until we tried to play the disc firstly on our studio Samsung test machine and it took ages to load but eventually played. Ejecting the disc and trying again the player said cannot read the disc. A third time it read the disc but took ages to load. We have now burned several discs and all appear to do the same. However, our Sony machine downstairs play it OK but the Laptop computers won'y even load it! and this is a brand new dual core intel machine!

We are only burning the discs at 5000 kbs bitrate which is average and have even tried reducing the burning speed to 8x instead of 16x and the problem remains.

Becuase we need to have our DVD facility, we decided to try and go back to using DVD Producer. Producer works fine but will no longer accept the licence number to allow Sonic Audio Transcoder to work so no Dolby Digital AC3 encoding now.

We are at a total stand still until we can find a solution to this problem. Any ideas???

Andy

Blackpool (UK)

3 answers to this question

I moveds your post Andy - you stand a better chance of getting answers here, but in the meantime, did you try using a different brand of disc? Sometimes it happens that a standalone player gets very pernickety about what it will or won't play (usually the top end machines - the cheap and cheerful oned by A.Non of East Asia seem to take anything you feed them).

Again - switching from +R to -R seems to work (or vice versa) - other times the media brand causes the playback machine to hiccup.

Well, you might want to start verifying that your 111 has the most current firmware I think it is 1.29 - I have the same drive.

http://wwwbsc.pioneer.co.jp/product-e/ibs/...ev00001r_e.html

Media is often the problem. I recently bought cakebox of memorex 16x white printable- almost everyone was bad.

Taiyo Yuden have the best reputation a being coaster free.

It has always been a "thing" for me to walk away from the pc whilst it is burning- no vibration, no conflicts with another program grabbing CPU time, etc.

Yes we have been burning DVD's without any problems whatsoever using the exact same set-up but the only thing we have changed is the software from DVD Producer to DVD it Pro 6.

At the moment I am trying to get DVD Producer back up and running as I know this works just fine with both the current hardware and disc brand config. This will give me more time to work on the DVDit Pro situation and hopefully resolve the problem as quickly as possible..

Andy

We have today upgraded from DVD Producer on advise of Sonic UK. We soon got the hang of DVDit Pro 6 and it wasn't long before burning our first disc. (DVD-5) using our Pioneer 111 writer and Verbatim Media.

The disc burning process went OK and all was well until we tried to play the disc firstly on our studio Samsung test machine and it took ages to load but eventually played. Ejecting the disc and trying again the player said cannot read the disc. A third time it read the disc but took ages to load. We have now burned several discs and all appear to do the same. However, our Sony machine downstairs play it OK but the Laptop computers won'y even load it! and this is a brand new dual core intel machine!

We are only burning the discs at 5000 kbs bitrate which is average and have even tried reducing the burning speed to 8x instead of 16x and the problem remains.

Becuase we need to have our DVD facility, we decided to try and go back to using DVD Producer. Producer works fine but will no longer accept the licence number to allow Sonic Audio Transcoder to work so no Dolby Digital AC3 encoding now.

We are at a total stand still until we can find a solution to this problem. Any ideas???

Andy

Blackpool (UK)

I moveds your post Andy - you stand a better chance of getting answers here, but in the meantime, did you try using a different brand of disc? Sometimes it happens that a standalone player gets very pernickety about what it will or won't play (usually the top end machines - the cheap and cheerful oned by A.Non of East Asia seem to take anything you feed them).

Again - switching from +R to -R seems to work (or vice versa) - other times the media brand causes the playback machine to hiccup.

Archived