• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Frequent Crashes when adding transitions

Lee Hopkins

Question

2 answers to this question

I can pretty much count of VideoWave 9 to crash if I add a new transition effect between frames in the timeline view. I've learned - saved frequently. Any suggesitons?

Are there any updates, beta tests available?

Most people "cure" the problem by updating the drivers for the video card and DirectX 9c.

Run the Graphics Test in VideoWave - top menu Tools>Options. If the dot stays by software after the test, then you will have to do the software render. That means that it will be slightly slower rendering but you will also lose all of the #3D transitions and most of the page turns.

If it stays at software render, unless you have a laptop, consider replacing you video card or on-board chip with a better card with 256 MB memory.

Post your computer specs so we can try to help you find updated drivers if you can't find them.

Also add those transitions in the storyboard view, it is easier.

Most people "cure" the problem by updating the drivers for the video card and DirectX 9c.

Run the Graphics Test in VideoWave - top menu Tools>Options. If the dot stays by software after the test, then you will have to do the software render. That means that it will be slightly slower rendering but you will also lose all of the #3D transitions and most of the page turns.

If it stays at software render, unless you have a laptop, consider replacing you video card or on-board chip with a better card with 256 MB memory.

Post your computer specs so we can try to help you find updated drivers if you can't find them.

Also add those transitions in the storyboard view, it is easier.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I've added specs to my autosignature. It's crashing in storyboard view too.

Archived