disk copier hangs at splash screen, pc becomes unstable

DonB

Question

Disc copier hangs at splash screen every time I start it, splash screen will not go away, machine becomes unstable requiring reboot. Sometimes PC will not reboot, requiring power off shutdown followed by naging scandisk on restart. Creator Classic works fine.

I have been running EMC9 for approx 2 months since upgrading from EMC7 because of incompatability with MSIE7. This issus just started a few days ago.

My pc NEVER hangs or locks up, unless I am running EMC9. Plenty of PC power, P-4 3.2 Ghz; 1GB DDR2 Ram; XP Prof-SP2; Plextor 12X DVD burner; All MS updates installed, etc.

Appreciate assistance solving this issue.

Thanks

I sure hope someone from Roxio sees this. I do not mean to go on a rant, I really want to make this work. I have been using EMC & ECCD since version 3. I skipped version 4 & 6, so I have purchased 4 versions. Version 7 was great, until Windows update put in MSIE7. EMC9 is the most unstable software I ever purchased. I am very disappointed with it.

3 answers to this question

Did you update your video drivers from the card makers (NOT from MS)?

Also, make sure you have the latest DirectX (9.0c, Feb release) - this is not included in MS updates for some strange reason

Also, consider removing IE7 - it's proving to be a disaster in XP with a number of apps (as well as failing to open a lot of websites)

Did you update your video drivers from the card makers (NOT from MS)?

Also, make sure you have the latest DirectX (9.0c, Feb release) - this is not included in MS updates for some strange reason

Also, consider removing IE7 - it's proving to be a disaster in XP with a number of apps (as well as failing to open a lot of websites)

Latest video drivers are installed, DirectX 9C installed, I personally do not believe removing MSIE 7 is an option as eventually it will be necessary. I have no problem capturing video, or any other issues with the PC. Just EMC9! INcidently, I have been using Plextor's "Plex Tools", to copy cds and DVDs as a work around to EMC9 Disk copier.

I would like to try unintalling EMC9 and Reinstalling. Concerned that removal in Add remove Programs will leave a lot of folders, files, registry entries, etc. that may screw up the reinstall. Does Roxio have a cleanup tool to run before reinstalling?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Archived