Track separators

Jim B

Question

I used the LP and tape assistant to capture audio from a tape. As the capture progressed, it was showing that it was recording track 1, track 2, etc. When I looked at the file, it was only 1 largs .wav file. Loading it into sound editor, the waveform showed individual tracks. After I burn this to a CD, I would like to be able to tell the CD player to go to a track of my choosing. Do I have to split this waveform into individual tracks and save them separately or can I just have sound editor automatically insert markers between the tracks?

TIA Jim Birke

2 answers to this question

:)-->

QUOTE(Jim B @ Feb 19 2007, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used the LP and tape assistant to capture audio from a tape. As the capture progressed, it was showing that it was recording track 1, track 2, etc. When I looked at the file, it was only 1 largs .wav file. Loading it into sound editor, the waveform showed individual tracks. After I burn this to a CD, I would like to be able to tell the CD player to go to a track of my choosing. Do I have to split this waveform into individual tracks and save them separately or can I just have sound editor automatically insert markers between the tracks?

TIA Jim Birke

Good question. You can use Sound Editor to split the tracks but I find it easier and more accurate to put the splits where I want them. I can also edit out any areas where I don't want a lot of silence. This is the time to get the audio tags and rename the files from track 001 etc. Remember to export the "clips".

I was afraid of that. Was looking for an easier way to do it. Thanks

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jim B @ Feb 19 2007, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--> I used the LP and tape assistant to capture audio from a tape. As the capture progressed, it was showing that it was recording track 1, track 2, etc. When I looked at the file, it was only 1 largs .wav file. Loading it into sound editor, the waveform showed individual tracks. After I burn this to a CD, I would like to be able to tell the CD player to go to a track of my choosing. Do I have to split this waveform into individual tracks and save them separately or can I just have sound editor automatically insert markers between the tracks?

TIA Jim Birke

Good question. You can use Sound Editor to split the tracks but I find it easier and more accurate to put the splits where I want them. I can also edit out any areas where I don't want a lot of silence. This is the time to get the audio tags and rename the files from track 001 etc. Remember to export the "clips".

Archived