Easy Media Creator 9 features question

Daveddddde

Question

8 answers to this question

To add to what Paul said, there are two versions of EMC9 - the standard one and the DeLuxe.

Details of both are on the links

I have EMC 7. Is it worth it to upgrade to EMC 9? Why?

If yes, would my computer be able to run it. I'm running a 3 year old dell pentium M, 1.3 mhz processor with a win pro OS and a gig of memory.

If yes, which should I get the standard or deluxe? I'm currently using EMC 7 to make home dvd's and photo slideshows on dvd.

Thanks,

cadolfan

If yes, would my computer be able to run it. I'm running a 3 year old dell pentium M, 1.3 mhz processor with a win pro OS and a gig of memory.
EMC 9 is worth upgrading, BUT you computer is on the low end of the requirements. If you are interested in video work, I think your computer would be painfully slow. Videowave/MyDVD 9 also requires a good video card that fully supports DirectX 9 (not just compatible with it).

I use version 6 Platinum. Does Creator 9 have all the same functions including the DVD/CD label creating feature? Are there different versions - eg platinum?

Thanks,

Dave

IMHO, the label creator in V7- V9 is not worth the memory bits. I never used V6 so I don't know if that Label Creator is any good.

In V9, there is also a "lite" version of Sure Thing labeler that will do light scribe. So does Roxio's Label Creator. I like the Surething better. :)

Also be aware that not many things are back wards compatible including files of earlier disc labels and covers.

Good thinking there - if it ain't broke, don't fix it

When you get a new box, it will almost certainly have Vista installed and then you will have to upgrade to EMC9

MS claim that they have 'fixed' Vista for EMC 7.5 but, personally, I'm a bit sceptical there. There's no mention of 7 or 8 on the web page

EMC9 does work in Vista

I use version 6 Platinum. Does Creator 9 have all the same functions including the DVD/CD label creating feature? Are there different versions - eg platinum?

Thanks,

Dave

There are huge differences between 6 and 9 but there are some of the same functions. Perhaps you should take a look at the main page to get more info and maybe download the trial version to test out.

Archived