• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

RunTime Error during emc9 Install

frustr8ed

Question

I have tried and tried to install emc9 multiple times, have logged into Roxio and asked for help - their solution did not work - removed all files (Roxio & Sonic)

Anyway, installation starts fine, then during "copying new files" the status bar is about 75% and then CRASH, WinXP reboots, comes up with a Visual Basic C++ Run time error due to RoxWatch9.exe. :)

I tried today, per another post, to empty the TEMP file and re-initialize the Rox... prgms through the mscong file, that did not work. I have looked all over the Roxio website and the only Runtime errors I see occur AFTER install. Not sure where to turn now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :huh: ( I have a stack of movies that I need to get onto DVD!!)

11 answers to this question

:( I to have been trying to get my program to run properly. I am very frustrated at this time. I called and tried many different things four of the last five working days which the support techs asked me to do without avail. Please help if you can.

Yes, that was the last thing I tried before coming here. The only difference in that artice is, it assumes the programs are already installed (at least that is my assumption) because it says to then "launch program". All the same, I did try that and then tried to install and same results! Interestingly enough, the error "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:...ommon Files\RoxioShare\9.0\SharedCom\(application).exe

The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team for more information"

is EXACTLY what I see...

I appreciate the help all the same...

Regarding the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe R6025 - pure virtual function call error -

Go to tinyurl.com/y5kr9a (type in browser without http://www), this will take you to the patch for this error and correct the issue. I've tried it and it works.

I have tried and tried to install emc9 multiple times, have logged into Roxio and asked for help - their solution did not work - removed all files (Roxio & Sonic)

Anyway, installation starts fine, then during "copying new files" the status bar is about 75% and then CRASH, WinXP reboots, comes up with a Visual Basic C++ Run time error due to RoxWatch9.exe. :)

I tried today, per another post, to empty the TEMP file and re-initialize the Rox... prgms through the mscong file, that did not work. I have looked all over the Roxio website and the only Runtime errors I see occur AFTER install. Not sure where to turn now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :huh: ( I have a stack of movies that I need to get onto DVD!!)

Have you tried this KB article on that error yet?

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/MyDVD/000110CR

Sorry to join the queue... but I am getting the R6025 error too.

I am trying to get MyDVD9 Studio Premier installed & working on my Dell with XP SP2.

I have done the bo_hotfix to no avail (so please don't point me to it!)

I have looked at and enable/started all relevant Roxio services - to no avail

I have gone to a 2nd PC not connected to the Net (has IE6 on it though), removed all Norton AV sw, installed sw and applied hotfix - still to NO avail.

It does seem to be a common problem (from reading all the threads on it) and I am yet to come across a fix that works for me.

Any assistance or tip/tricks would be helpful.

Download and run Regcleaner to get rid of any Roxio or Sonic entries in the registry

Copy the contents of the program CD into a temp folder (anywhere you like and called whatever you want)

Go to that folder and run setup.exe so that it installs from there and not the CD

:( I to have been trying to get my program to run properly. I am very frustrated at this time. I called and tried many different things four of the last five working days which the support techs asked me to do without avail. Please help if you can.

I am so glad to know that I'm not the only person having problems (major issues) with EMC 9. One minute it works and the next minute it freezes.

I too am getting the runtime error and that's when I restart my computer, I get the first popup:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unsual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

I hit “ok” and get the next popup:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe

R6025

- pure virtual function call

I hit “ok” and popup disappears.

I've tried (as suggested in another discussion) shutting down Norton and as many other programs in the System Tray as possible. Everything opens fine and I can work without problems on a project but after I save that project and try to open another, EMC 9 and VideoWave freeze and I'm right back to the beginning.

I'm not running Vista. I'm not running IE 7. I'm not running Windows Media Player 11.

Does anyone from Roxio's Tech Team read these discussions? Most other software companies have someone who monitors and responds. Why does Roxio bother to sponsor these forums if they don't look at them?

Yes, that was the last thing I tried before coming here. The only difference in that artice is, it assumes the programs are already installed (at least that is my assumption) because it says to then "launch program". All the same, I did try that and then tried to install and same results! Interestingly enough, the error "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:...ommon Files\RoxioShare\9.0\SharedCom\(application).exe

The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team for more information"

is EXACTLY what I see...

I appreciate the help all the same...

Anyway, installation starts fine, then during "copying new files" the status bar is about 75% and then CRASH, WinXP reboots, comes up with a Visual Basic C++ Run time error due to RoxWatch9.exe. :angry2:

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D ( I have a stack of movies that I need to get onto DVD!!)

I have the same problem and the same results , the posted knowledge item dose not work as they are all ready all checked? I am sorry for your problems as I feel so frustrated. Like you, I have no idea where to turn??

Tigger,try this.Go to Control Panel,Administrative Tools,Services.Look down the list till you find RoxMediaDB9.See if it says Manual or Automatic.If it's Manual change it.Reboot and see what happens.Let us know.

It was on "manual" and I switched to "automatic" and rebooted. I reopened Roxio Creator 9 Home and that took about 1-2 minutes. I then tried to open VideoWave from the Roxio Home page ... that was almost 5 minutes ago. This is not a low-end PC (see below) and there is no reason on Earth why this program should take forever to open, if it does at all.

Like many other people, I am sick and tired of the b.s. I've had to put up with to get this program going. It works one minute and won't work the next. Before reading your suggestion, I was able to open VW but when I tried to open a different proejct, it froze.

I've just ordered Vista and from what I've read, it seems to have a DVD authoring program. I'll try that before I make my decision about buying another program. I HAVE HAD IT WITH ROXIO and will never, never, never buy another one of their programs again. They clearly don't care about their users because if they did, someone from their Tech support team would be responding to these forums and offering help.

In the 6 months I've been complaining about EMC 9, not one single Roxio person has emailed me or replied to a forum. Their tech support hours stink and are very user un-friendly. I can get into the on-line tech support once every 6-10 tries and when they do answer me, the answers are vague. And, as I've mentioned before, don't even get me started on RoxAnn.

I asked RoxAnn recently about Vista and the response I got back had nothing to do with Vista. What language is RoxAnn supposed to be? Chin-glish? Clearly she doesn't understand English.

:angry:BTW It's now been about 12 minutes since I launched VideoWave and nothing has happened. I tried launching PhotoSuite and got the splashscreen, but it's frozen and may or may not open sometime within the next hour.

I am so glad to know that I'm not the only person having problems (major issues) with EMC 9. One minute it works and the next minute it freezes.

I too am getting the runtime error and that's when I restart my computer, I get the first popup:

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unsual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I hit "ok" and get the next popup:

Runtime Error!

R6025

- pure virtual function call

I hit "ok" and popup disappears.

I've tried (as suggested in another discussion) shutting down Norton and as many other programs in the System Tray as possible. Everything opens fine and I can work without problems on a project but after I save that project and try to open another, EMC 9 and VideoWave freeze and I'm right back to the beginning.

I'm not running Vista. I'm not running IE 7. I'm not running Windows Media Player 11.

Does anyone from Roxio's Tech Team read these discussions? Most other software companies have someone who monitors and responds. Why does Roxio bother to sponsor these forums if they don't look at them?

Tigger,try this.Go to Control Panel,Administrative Tools,Services.Look down the list till you find RoxMediaDB9.See if it says Manual or Automatic.If it's Manual change it.Reboot and see what happens.Let us know.

Archived