Video wave Text problem

FLHaus

Question

I'm using Videowave and have several photographs that I have added text to throughout the production.

It only seems to associate itself with Red Devil Slide Text. Every Red Devil Text Effect in this one movie will bring along with it distorted pieces of other Text effects from other panels. Predominantly it seems to mix it up with Reggae Jam Spin and Sunday Cartoon Blink types from other panels in the production. I am not using these diferent text efects on the same panel, but I do use them in the production. This problem is not evident when I view the movie in Videowave, it appears when I try to output the movie to MPEG-2, Best Quality, DVD PLayBack. It shows up while rendering, and to be sure, I played back the mpeg and the problem is there in the file.

Has anyone seen this problem? I have rebooted to see if that helps, but nothing.

I do not have Vista, Win Player 11, or IE 7, and I have never attempted to upgrade to those on this machine.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Are you adding the text to the internal tracks?

Also try clearing the proxy files (top menu tools>options). The proxy files will be rebuilt almost immediately. I remember that this was sometimes the cure for ghost music; perhaps it will work with ghost text. :)

UPDATE:

Well I found a work around. I changed it to software vs hardware in Options and it is now rendering the movie. I only have to do it with this one. hardware worked on smaller clips with less moving text.

I also tried to decelerate my card and remove write combining, and these did not correct it. Leads me to believe the driver or directX calls aren't being made properly. My system meets everything that Roxio asks for, so I don't understand.

I would like to know who else out there has the same set up as me. The NVIDIA card with 256K graphics should be more than I need. Maybe if others have the same system, we could compare notes and go in mass to whoever the culprit is (MS, NVIDIA, HP, Roxio).

P.S. 1 correction to the system info listed below. My hardrives are NOT set up as a RAID 0.

I'm using Videowave and have several photographs that I have added text to throughout the production.

It only seems to associate itself with Red Devil Slide Text. Every Red Devil Text Effect in this one movie will bring along with it distorted pieces of other Text effects from other panels. Predominantly it seems to mix it up with Reggae Jam Spin and Sunday Cartoon Blink types from other panels in the production. I am not using these diferent text efects on the same panel, but I do use them in the production. This problem is not evident when I view the movie in Videowave, it appears when I try to output the movie to MPEG-2, Best Quality, DVD PLayBack. It shows up while rendering, and to be sure, I played back the mpeg and the problem is there in the file.

Has anyone seen this problem? I have rebooted to see if that helps, but nothing.

I do not have Vista, Win Player 11, or IE 7, and I have never attempted to upgrade to those on this machine.

Thanks.

Also try clearing the proxy files (top menu tools>options). The proxy files will be rebuilt almost immediately. I remember that this was sometimes the cure for ghost music; perhaps it will work with ghost text. :)

Clearing proxies did not fix it. As for using Internal tracks, I added text to text overlays. When I click a panel and select internal tracks, I get an error box with no text in it.

Archived