• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Won't burn certain DVDs

Ted1010

Question

I have a Dell XPS with a DVD-ROm and DVD Burner. It came loaded with Roxio Creator LE-Dell Edition which I use to burn copies of DVDs. I have been using for several months without any problems. However, recent DVDs I have made in a program called Power Director 5 by Cyberlink (to put home movies onto DVD) have caused problems. I take the DVD I created in Power Director and use Roxio to make a second copy. Towards the end of the burning of the copy I'll get a message saying the program was unable to read the source disc and I should check for dust, fingerprints etc. I have had no problems copying other DVDs or CDs since getting this message It seems to only occur with recent DVDs made in Power Directot 5. I tested a DVD I made a few months ago in Power Director and had no problem burning a copy of it. Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be?

2 answers to this question

I have a Dell XPS with a DVD-ROm and DVD Burner. It came loaded with Roxio Creator LE-Dell Edition which I use to burn copies of DVDs. I have been using for several months without any problems. However, recent DVDs I have made in a program called Power Director 5 by Cyberlink (to put home movies onto DVD) have caused problems. I take the DVD I created in Power Director and use Roxio to make a second copy. Towards the end of the burning of the copy I'll get a message saying the program was unable to read the source disc and I should check for dust, fingerprints etc. I have had no problems copying other DVDs or CDs since getting this message It seems to only occur with recent DVDs made in Power Directot 5. I tested a DVD I made a few months ago in Power Director and had no problem burning a copy of it. Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be?

Bad discs? Get a free copy of DVD Info Pro and check the disc for errors. Clean out your burner using dry air; protect your eyes.

Cyberlink Power Producer, even the lite version that you got with Director has a DVD copy program. Did you try that?

Archived