• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creating a Data Disk

jfg

Question

Hi,

I am trying to copy data files to a DVD. I selected Data>Data Disk and added my Desktop folders and my My Document folders. Then I clicked on the button to burn to a DVD and got the message that Drag-and-Drop was active and that I should try again.

This Drag-and-Drop feature initiated itself automatically. How do I get around it? Or if I use it, how do I burn data to a CD or DVD? For I did drag and drop items to the list. But when I clicked on the burn button, I again got the message that Drag-and Drop was busy and that I should try again.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

7 answers to this question

D2D normally only takes control if a 'formatted' disc is inserted. For normal copying you don't format discs - take one of the spindle and feed it into the writer.

On my own machine I just uninstalled D2D (from add/remove progrems - it's a separate entry) because I feel that it is totally unreliable, in common with all packet writing software, including DLA and InCD. It's reliability would be on a par with an igloo on the Equator.

Thanks alot. I went on and followed your lead and removed Drag-to-Drop from my machine, also. I hope that this will make things much easier.

Let us know how it works out for you

It worked out just fine. Thanks a lot.

I do have one additional question. How would I save additional data to a CD or DVD that is not full? That is, is there a mechanism whereby I can just add additional data to an used but only partially filled disk without writing over previous material?

Again, thanks a lot.

Sure is !! :) Just burn your first disc with whatever files you added, but be sure to NOT close the disc. (i.e. don't place a mark in the box that says "READ ONLY DISC") Then if you go back later and open Creator Classic and place that first burned disc in the drive, and when the drive spins up, Creator Classic will recognize all the first files you added, and should show you with a ballon that shows you the Icon to click on to add these previous files to the second burn. Then you can just drag and drop some more files into that same lower box and do another burn.That will keep all the other first files you added and burn the disc with the additional files. That's what they call a multi-Session disc. (Attachment added).

Frank...

Sure is !! :) Just burn your first disc with whatever files you added, but be sure to NOT close the disc. (i.e. don't place a mark in the box that says "READ ONLY DISC") Then if you go back later and open Creator Classic and place that first burned disc in the drive, and when the drive spins up, Creator Classic will recognize all the first files you added, and should show you with a ballon that shows you the Icon to click on to add these previous files to the second burn. Then you can just drag and drop some more files into that same lower box and do another burn.That will keep all the other first files you added and burn the disc with the additional files. That's what they call a multi-Session disc. (Attachment added).

Frank...

Frank, your response was fantastic. Thanks a lot.

jfg

D2D normally only takes control if a 'formatted' disc is inserted. For normal copying you don't format discs - take one of the spindle and feed it into the writer.

On my own machine I just uninstalled D2D (from add/remove progrems - it's a separate entry) because I feel that it is totally unreliable, in common with all packet writing software, including DLA and InCD. It's reliability would be on a par with an igloo on the Equator.

Archived