• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What is the point of Toast 8?

trainwrecka

Question

I have been a Mac user since October 2005 and have never NOT been able to burn what I needed with OSX Tiger. I am not against Toast - just don't understand why it is so much better than what is built in. I have a Tivo and would love to use TivoToGo, but $99 for that feature seems a bit steep.

I read the blurbs on the Toast page about what it offers, it just seems I've already been doing what it offers in Tiger. Please inform this Toast noob.

3 answers to this question

thanks for the reply. i read some of the reviews... it just seems to add some bells and whistles to what OSX Tiger already does for me. i'll search for TivoToGo alternatives for the Mac...

I wish Roxio would offer the TivoToGo as a separate download for a cheaper price - I'd be happy to pay $20-30 for it.

What specifically haven't you been able to do with the OS and perhaps we can let you know whether or not Toast can do that.

I haven't been able to do TivoToGo... everything else I've been able to do great. That being said I have only had Toast 6 Lite on my computer. I've never used it - never needed it.

That's a tall order to ask for a sales pitch regarding the Toast 8 bundle's many differences from Apple's tools. I suggest reading the reviews linked on the Toast 8 product description page.

Mull it over for awhile. If you really want TivoToGo you'll reach a decision that it is worth $99 for this one feature and you're getting all the other Toast bundle features for free.

Archived