• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD refuses to run

00Dilbert

Question

Upon launching MyDVD, it displays "Your videocard will now be profiled in order to tune the application for optimal performance on your system." I click the OK button to dismiss the notification dialog and am immediately presented with the bad news--"Your videocard diagnosis failed. The application cannot run."

I have an ATI 3D Rage II+ PCI card (with the most recent driver installed) which meets the advertised hardware minimum system requirements however the software seems to disagree. Does anyone have any thoughts?

MyDVD is the application I need most to work (read in here: the reason I bought the product). If Roxio can't get it to work soon, I'd like my Franklin and friends back.

1 answer to this question

The Rage II card is quite old these days and I honestly would doubt if it will fully support DirectX 9.0c (latest version from MS)

As far as I can recall, that card was designed for DirectX 6 support.

It may be DirectX 9 compatible but it won't support it fully which is why it's failing the test for graphics

"# 1024x768, 16-bit color graphics card; 24-bit or 32-bit true color recommended

# DirectX 9 or higher compatible sound card and graphics card"

Archived