IndyJaws

Error when creating VCD in MyDVD 6.2

Question

I've checked around and cannot seem to find a fix for this error. A Google search only confirms others are having the same problem, but no one has any solutions. I'm creating a VCD from an AVI file. After starting the process, it builds the menus, then immediately comes up with the following error message:

operating system error: Gdiplus::Status = 0x80040217 -13

I am running XP Pro, all Windows Updates up to date, drive firmware current, no codec issues. I have no problems running Nero, but want to make Sonic work for burning TiVo files.

I just downloaded the software from Sonic/Roxio's site over the weekend and will ask for a refund only if necessary...I'd rather keep it and make it work!

Any suggestions/help/anything?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

7 answers to this question

I too have this problem with my version 7. Anyone in Roxio tech support who can help? I am quite upset that this is happening and supposedly a fairly simple fix but nobody is doing anything about this.

how was your avi files created?

I tried it a couple different ways.

(1) I used Sonic MyDVDplus to edit (combined 2 mpeg files).

(2) I pressed the "burn" button.

(3) I get the error message: "gdiplus x000fff -13" and the process stopped abruptly. (Note: the x000fff is not the actual address. I don't remember the exact hex since I found out the other people have different hex but the same error number)

(2) I saved the DVD files in my harddrive.

(3) I burn a data disc by selecting all the DVD files. (I tried this many times before and it worked.)

(4) the disc was created with a warning message saying not all the files has the correct sum.

(5) I put the disc in a DVD player and it wouldn't play. However, the video files in the disc played OK in a computer.

I searched the internet and there are other people having this problem. It seemed to me that Sonic did not really address the problem.

This Sonic software was pre-installed when I bought my HP computer. I read it somewhere in my manual that HP, not Sonic, will support this software. But my HP warranty has expired more than one year ago. Any further support will cost money and the rate per issue is higher than buying a brand new software bundle.

Maybe I should try harder. But I think Sonic should be more pro-active to fix something like this.

I tried it a couple different ways.

(2) I pressed the "burn" button.

(3) I get the error message: "gdiplus x000fff -13" and the process stopped abruptly. (Note: the x000fff is not the actual address. I don't remember the exact hex since I found out the other people have different hex but the same error number)

(2) I saved the DVD files in my harddrive.

(3) I burn a data disc by selecting all the DVD files. (I tried this many times before and it worked.)

(4) the disc was created with a warning message saying not all the files has the correct sum.

(5) I put the disc in a DVD player and it wouldn't play. However, the video files in the disc played OK in a computer.

I searched the internet and there are other people having this problem. It seemed to me that Sonic did not really address the problem.

This Sonic software was pre-installed when I bought my HP computer. I read it somewhere in my manual that HP, not Sonic, will support this software. But my HP warranty has expired more than one year ago. Any further support will cost money and the rate per issue is higher than buying a brand new software bundle.

Maybe I should try harder. But I think Sonic should be more pro-active to fix something like this.

This site http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/General%20I...mation/000036GN clearly explains Roxio's stand on OEM .

This site http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/General%20I...mation/000036GN clearly explains Roxio's stand on OEM .

Thank you. It seems Roxio's stand on OEM is $35 per issue. At that price, maybe a few bucks more, I can buy another software to get the job done.

I am now getting around the problem by using MyDVDplus to create an ISO image. Then I use ImgBurn 2.3.2 (free download) to burn the image onto a DVD. It is a slightly longer process but it works.

Besides, $35 per issue is not a guarantee to fix the problem either.

Thank you.

Thank you. It seems Roxio's stand on OEM is $35 per issue. At that price, maybe a few bucks more, I can buy another software to get the job done.

I am now getting around the problem by using MyDVDplus to create an ISO image. Then I use ImgBurn 2.3.2 (free download) to burn the image onto a DVD. It is a slightly longer process but it works.

Besides, $35 per issue is not a guarantee to fix the problem either.

Thank you.

You are missing the point....HP is the OEM provider for ALL support for their version of the software.

Thats like taking your Ford car into a GM dealer with a warranty problem, do you think that GM would not charge you.

Glad you found a work around for your problem.