• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error No Common Media betwen These Pins

FLHaus

Question

This is such frustrating software. I have a video wave file that I rendered to MPEG-2 yesterday and realized I needed to tweak it a bit. Now I get the ambigous error "No common media between these pins" Whatever the hell that means. The only thing that has changed since yesterday is when I booted the roxio software up, it began a MPEG-2 Codec registration process. This happened out of the blue for no reaon that I can see. I accepted the "One Time anonomous registration" and went ahead and did my thing.

Why would software work and then not work? Just to be clear, I still do not have IE 7 or Win Player 11.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Please help.

4 answers to this question

You originally posted this error on Jan. 28th. What did you do to fix your problem then? Or was it not fixed? I have no idea what this message is but wonder if it has something to do with your capture device. A quick google pops up a few posts about codecs and that may also be the problem.

Actually I replaced my computer since then. I'm not using the capture device to render the videowave to Mpeg-2. Just using photographs and adding text, overlays, and sound. I rendered it two days ago, then I got this error message when I tried it last night. It rendered BEFORE MPEG-2 activation/registration occurred, so I was wondering if this had anything to do with it.

Actually I replaced my computer since then. I'm not using the capture device to render the videowave to Mpeg-2. Just using photographs and adding text, overlays, and sound. I rendered it two days ago, then I got this error message when I tried it last night. It rendered BEFORE MPEG-2 activation/registration occurred, so I was wondering if this had anything to do with it.

Sorry, I've got nothing else to offer. You can do more googling to see if something pops up but I'm doubtful it's a Roxio caused error.

Sorry, I've got nothing else to offer. You can do more googling to see if something pops up but I'm doubtful it's a Roxio caused error.

Here's an update. What I rendered the other day was photographs with text, overlays, sfx, music and it worked, but I didn't like the way an overlayed, fx intro panel transitioned, and the internal track for FX doesn't work for me. so i made a production with the panel and all of the effects i wanted and rendered that to a separate file. No problem. I replaced the panel with the new mpeg panel in the original production. It helped me to get a smoother transition while viewing in videowave, but now it won't render.

The next thing I tried to see if it was the MPEG Panel causing the problem was I moved the panel down about 4 panels on the storyboard view. I tried to render it, and it got farther into it and gave me the "No common media between these pins" error after the panel just before the mpeg panel. Obviously it is an issue mixing stills and mpegs.

Am I asking too much of the software? I thought this type of thing is exactly what videowave is supposed to do.

This is such frustrating software. I have a video wave file that I rendered to MPEG-2 yesterday and realized I needed to tweak it a bit. Now I get the ambigous error "No common media between these pins" Whatever the hell that means. The only thing that has changed since yesterday is when I booted the roxio software up, it began a MPEG-2 Codec registration process. This happened out of the blue for no reaon that I can see. I accepted the "One Time anonomous registration" and went ahead and did my thing.

Why would software work and then not work? Just to be clear, I still do not have IE 7 or Win Player 11.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Please help.

You originally posted this error on Jan. 28th. What did you do to fix your problem then? Or was it not fixed? I have no idea what this message is but wonder if it has something to do with your capture device. A quick google pops up a few posts about codecs and that may also be the problem.

Archived