EMC7/7.5 v/s IE7

oakiedokie

Question

:) As a 70 year old pensioner in Australia who doesn't have a big income I was disappointed that changing to Explorer 7 has impacted on a program I only purchased last year. Albeit that has happened but I should have hoped that some attempt to rectify the problem could have been considered rather than just seek more money for an upgrade. God knows when that will need to be dumped. Enough of the wingeing. My problem now is that If I remove IE7 how do I get to re-download IE6 without access to a site? Sorry I am not quite as computer savvy as many but I don't want to do something which will isolate me.

4 answers to this question

:) As a 70 year old pensioner in Australia who doesn't have a big income I was disappointed that changing to Explorer 7 has impacted on a program I only purchased last year. Albeit that has happened but I should have hoped that some attempt to rectify the problem could have been considered rather than just seek more money for an upgrade. God knows when that will need to be dumped. Enough of the wingeing. My problem now is that If I remove IE7 how do I get to re-download IE6 without access to a site? Sorry I am not quite as computer savvy as many but I don't want to do something which will isolate me.

I can perhaps be forgiven for not adding that should someone produce a program/adopt a logo/use a trade name etc which impacted on my business I would try to seek damages or retribution which would help me to keep face with my clientele. No lawyer am I but!!!

If you go to Add/Remove programs in Control Panel, IE7 can be removed from there

IE6 is part of the OS and will still be there after 7 is removed

If you like tabbed browsing, I would recommend Firefox which is free and can be downloaded from here (IE6 will remain - it just gives you a choice)

Apparently, Internet Explorer 7 has caused enough problems with other programs that Microsoft gives instructions on how to uninstall it here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177

Internet Explorer 7 affects other programs too. Unfortunately, most of them have been off the market for a year or two, so updates to fix this problem won't be available. :)

If you go to Add/Remove programs in Control Panel, IE7 can be removed from there

IE6 is part of the OS and will still be there after 7 is removed

If you like tabbed browsing, I would recommend Firefox which is free and can be downloaded from here (IE6 will remain - it just gives you a choice)

Sure'n thank you my friend. Have done all that and got Firefox up and running. Nice to have help from Erin. My Great great great grandfather was a dairy farmer and lived up the road from yourself in County Antrim at Glenavy. He was John Oakman and married a Mary McGee.

Archived