Removing Background Noise & Adding Music

Gina - techno challenged

Question

OK. I have successfully edited my video. I now would like to remove part of the background noise & then add background music. Can someone give me an idea where to start? Also, in my other program it was preloaded with background music. Is there any chance this program has the same? I could not find it. Thanks for the assist!! Gina

10 answers to this question

Sometimes Gina 'no response' means that nobody is really sure of an answer, but as you said, you came up with a solution on your own

There's no 'right' way to do things really - just whatever works

Thanks for the info (I should store it somewhere cos I'll probably forget where I saw it down the line) :)

YET ANOTHER QUESTION>>>> I was given choices when adding audio to my project.. They were add to music track or add to sound effect? Any suggestions? Can someone tell me how to adjust the sound? It is too loud for my liking.

Hi, Gina

If you want to use the Add Background Audio feature, I would suggest you select Music track. However, I would recommend that you add your background audio manually. To do that, try this:

1. In Videowave (in the Timeline view), click Show/Hide Tracks and place checks in all the boxes in the Show Audio Tracks window.

2. Open Media Selector and navigate to the audio files you want to add.

3. Select the first audio file and drag it to the Music track.

4. Select the second audio file you want to add and drag it to the Narration (or Sound Effects) track and drop the beginning of it so it slightly overlaps the end of the first audio file on the music track (see attachment.)

5. Alternate audio between the music and narration tracks for all additional background music.

The advantage of doing it this way is with the overlap of audio, you can transition between songs with no silence.

As far a volume is concerned, double click any audio track from the timeline view. The Audio Editor will appear, slide the Overall Volume slider to the left to reduce the volume of that file.

post-72-1172110491.jpg

OK. I have successfully edited my video. I now would like to remove part of the background noise & then add background music. Can someone give me an idea where to start? Also, in my other program it was preloaded with background music. Is there any chance this program has the same? I could not find it. Thanks for the assist!! Gina

:) I've got the same questions so hopefully someone will answer Gina

:) Found the answer...

*In VideoWave go to Timeline view, select Show/Hide Audio

*Make sure "Native" audio is slected

*Click "OK"

*In the Timeline view you will see a bar for the Native Audio

*Right click on the Native Audio and select Mute

Archived