Backing Up Software CD's (photoshop, Apple restore CD's)

Rick Elmore

Question

Dear Community,

Will Toast 8 allow me to clone all my software disks such as Photoshop, Logic, Office for Mac, and my install DVD's that came with the computer? Will Toast 8 make a bootable DVD for me?

Anything that could go wrong with these cloned discs?

Thanks a bunch for your help,

Rick

2 answers to this question

You can make a backup copy of anything that isnt copy protected. Some installation CDs and DVDs are purposely made so that they cannot be copied.

You can make a copy of a bootable DVD but you would need to use a 3rd party (in conjunction with toast) utility to make a custom bootable DVD. The utility would make a disc image that can then be burned with Toast.

You can make a backup copy of anything that isnt copy protected. Some installation CDs and DVDs are purposely made so that they cannot be copied.

You can make a copy of a bootable DVD but you would need to use a 3rd party (in conjunction with toast) utility to make a custom bootable DVD. The utility would make a disc image that can then be burned with Toast.

I've read numerous references to this 3rd party app all over Roxio support, yet all efforts to ferret out the name and-or source of this glorious application yield only frustration.

What app would that be, and where do I get it?

Archived