Label Creator Freezes

SheerBedlam

Question

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this problem.

Having just bought and installed EMC9 without a hitch on Vista Ultimate, I have a problem with the Label Creator.

When I click on the print button to print a cover, the Label Creator application freezes and the only way I can close it down is by using Task Manager.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the problem still remains.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated !!!

5 answers to this question

I too am having no end to the stresses with my light scribe drive. (That seams to be a trend) I recently acquired and installed EMC 9. Works great. Very happy. Except it does not seem to like my light scribe drive. Whenever I try to load 'laser label disk' on the home menu I get a 'express labeller has encountered and error and needs to close" dialog then a second one that states 'exception EAccessViolation in module dwwin.dll at 000EB192"

I am most perturbed by this programs change of mind as I successfully labelled 2 disks only 3 days ago. I have no idea as to why it is doing this and have exhausted all my ideas on how to fix it.

I am hoping that any suggestions on this forum may help.

I have the latest drivers for both my DVD burner and the light scribe ones from hp. I am using verbatim DVD+Rs on a ts-l532m burner.

Running XP sp2

Compaq Presario v2000 laptop.

I have already updated everything I can think of

lotsa ram and hard drive space

I’m out of ideas and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

if you need anything else from me info wise I would be glad to provide it.

I can't help you but I have a very similar problem. I'm running VISTA Enterprise 64 bit on a custom brand new system. I can't even start the Laser Label Disc maker program. Nothing happens! When I run "Print Disc label" I can't seem to select to print to the LightScribe DVD Burner. Actually the burmner doesn't even show up as a selectable printer which it should.

If anyone's got some possible solution, I would really appreciate it. THANKS. :)

Have both of you chjecked for updated printer drivers (including Lightscribe) to see if they are available yet? I have heard there are problems with drivers for the 64 bit version - I remember XP 64 coming out and I wasn't able to use my Epson for a couple of months due to lack of suitable drivers

Have both of you chjecked for updated printer drivers (including Lightscribe) to see if they are available yet? I have heard there are problems with drivers for the 64 bit version - I remember XP 64 coming out and I wasn't able to use my Epson for a couple of months due to lack of suitable drivers

Hi GoBeau & gi7omy,

thanks for your replies !

I don't even get to see the printer dialog boxes. I just hit the print button on Label Creator and the application freezes.

My PC was also custom built, and as soon as I took delivery I went online and downloaded the latest Vista drivers for My Epson R220 and other devices.

If it helps any, here are the main specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 (2 x 2.13GHz)

2GB Cosair DDR2 667MHz RAM

Asus P5LD2 SE/C M.Board

512Mb Radeon X1650 PRO PCI Express Graphics

2 x 400GB SATA II (16MB Cache) HDD

250GB External HDD

Lite-On 16x DVD ROM

Lite-On 18x DVD +/- RW + Lightscribe

550W Dual Rail Power PSU

Epson R220

HP Laserjet 1010