Making Easy Media Creator 7 available to all users on a compter

sidbueddro

Question

When I installed EMC7 initially I was the only user on the pc. Since then I have added two family users. The Easy Media Creator program icon is only appearing on my desktop, and not the other two users. I tried to, (by user), copy the icon from the program file to the desktop, but I receive an error saying the file in not accessible. Please advise if there is a way to change this so that all users have access. Thanks. :)

2 answers to this question

To use the program, each user needs admin privileges - it won't work otherwise

If you give them admin privileges they should be able to access the programs. The icons would have to be added manually to the start program or desktop.

An alternative method would be to install it again (as if you were doing a repair) and that should also add the menu and icone

Be careful if you do a Repair. If you've altered any photos, the program stores them in a hidden folder as .png files and when you reinstall or repair it, that folder is overwritten and the photos disappear. You have to find the files and copy them to another folder on your desktop, then move them back after the reinstall.

I'm also not certain if a repair gives you the option to select either an 'individual user' or 'all users' to use the program.

I know that option is given when you first install the program though.

Please let us know if the admin option or the repair works, or if you have to uninstall and reinstall so that it will help someone else.

Archived