burning images to disc

alta

Question

Really sorry if this isn't in the right place, admin can move it if not! I have the "Roxio Creator Plus" that came with my computer. I am trying to burn images from Photoshop (they are JPG or PSD) to a disc (CD)and Roxio claims it cannot burn that type of file. I thought JPG was pretty universal? Can I make this work at all?

6 answers to this question

Sorry Sknis, I have been away skiing.

I am trying to use the "burn image to disc" function, where it says I can create discs from images saved on my hard drive. But, when I go to browse for the photos I want, it says the only file types are (*.gi;*iso;*udi). None of my pictures are saved as these, only as .jpg or photoshop document. There are no options to resave the photos as any of the applicable file types.

Can you tell me where the Data Disc function is? I know, I am computer illiterate when it comes to things like this...

Burn image to disk means an 'image' file of the projected CD or DVD - it will be in .iso format normally. Think of it as a special archive (zip, rar, etc)

It's not a file of images - these have to be created first and then 'saved' to the hard drive as the 'image' - when that is done, it opens with Disc Copy and writes the contents to the blank disc - it's really a container of all the files you want written.

btw, the reason I spell it as both disc and disk is that the convention is magnetic media (hard drives, etc) uses the US spelling of disK while optical uses the Brit spelling of disC (just to differentiate between them - what magneto-opticals use, I shudder to think) :lol:

We'd need a bit more information about 'Creator Plus'.

If you go to Help, About, what version does it say it is?

Also, what programs are included?

Hit and run poster. :angry2::P apparently. Or solved the problem and didn't bother to tell us. :unsure:

Guest ivanatrox
Really sorry if this isn't in the right place, admin can move it if not! I have the "Roxio Creator Plus" that came with my computer. I am trying to burn images from Photoshop (they are JPG or PSD) to a disc (CD)and Roxio claims it cannot burn that type of file. I thought JPG was pretty universal? Can I make this work at all?

I think you are trying to use Burn Image function to burn your images from Photoshop. If that's the case, the wrong function is being used. Burn Image function is used to burn disc images. You can burn images from Photoshop on a disc using Data Disc function.

Archived