• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Update for Roxio's UDF Reader (udfreader.sys)

Sylvia

Question

Since I loaded Roxio EMC 9 software a couple of days ago onto my Dell PC running with Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft is sending me a message. It comes when I turn on the PC and it says my PC has just recovered from a serious failure. It advises me to download updates for Roxio's UDF Reader (udfreadr.sys). I have looked on the website and consulted the chat-line, but cannot find anything that will update the EMC 9 package.

Can anyone help me to understand what is required please?

3 answers to this question

Since I loaded Roxio EMC 9 software a couple of days ago onto my Dell PC running with Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft is sending me a message. It comes when I turn on the PC and it says my PC has just recovered from a serious failure. It advises me to download updates for Roxio's UDF Reader (udfreadr.sys). I have looked on the website and consulted the chat-line, but cannot find anything that will update the EMC 9 package.

Can anyone help me to understand what is required please?

----------------------------------

for Digital Guru

having the same problem...what is D2D and how do you uninstall? thsnks

not sure what i'm doing..never posted before, hope this is how you do it...if not pls advise

dmitch

To uninstall it go to Start,Control Panel,Add/Remove Programs.The list should populate and be in alphabetical order.Look for Roxio Drag to Disc or just Drag to Disc.When you find it hit the Remove button.This will uninstall it.When it's done reboot your computer.

There's no update for that as far as I'm aware - however, udfreader.sys is a part of Drag to Disc.

I would advise that, unless you REALLY want to use D2D, you uninstall it from add/remove programs in control panel (it's a separate entry)

The reliability of any packet writing software, especially coupled with RW discs is on a par with an igloo on the Equator

Archived