scojjtoe

STILL NO SOUND ON BURNED DVD'S

Question

i've installed all the suggested codecs, a52 in particular, yet about half of the dvd's that i burn don't have any audio component at all. using new macbook version 10.4.8, brand new toast 8. thanks

7 answers to this question

Select the video title in the Video window and click the Edit button. What format does Toast describe for the video and the audio of the source file you're trying to convert to video DVD?

The A52 codec should take care of the audio problem with downloaded AVI's that have AC3 audio. If you are using MPEG videos that have MPEG audio, then the audio playback problem is the setup of the DVD player because MPEG audio is non-standard for video DVDs. There are set up options within the DVD player to convert the MPEG audio to PCM for playback.

Those are the only situations I'm aware of where people don't hear audio from the Toast-authored video DVDs.

Select the video title in the Video window and click the Edit button. What format does Toast describe for the video and the audio of the source file you're trying to convert to video DVD?

The A52 codec should take care of the audio problem with downloaded AVI's that have AC3 audio. If you are using MPEG videos that have MPEG audio, then the audio playback problem is the setup of the DVD player because MPEG audio is non-standard for video DVDs. There are set up options within the DVD player to convert the MPEG audio to PCM for playback.

Those are the only situations I'm aware of where people don't hear audio from the Toast-authored video DVDs.

thanks for information. i only download avi's, never use mpeg videos. videos play perfectly on computer with either mplayer or vlc. also some of these movies transfer via toast from avi to dvd ready with perfect audio. some others have perfect video and NO audio. i'll try to check what you suggest to determine what the audio source is. i'll post it later if it seems to be something that might give you information that would help me. thanks again

Maybe they have OGG audio. I don't know of anything you can do about that.

i think i have figured out, with your help, the common thread of all the dvd's that i burn that have NO sound. they all have DOLBY DIGITAL, STEREO, 48000 HZ. all of the files that have successfully burned to dvd's WITH perfect sound have had MPEG LAYER-3 AUDIO, STEREO, 48000HZ. is there anything i can download to help with the sound for dolby digital? additionally, why do some dvd's open on some dvd players and not on others and some on no dvd players at all? i just thought i had successfully burned a copy of an avi file...all was jolly on toast but when i went to play it on three different players, it wouldn't read at all.

Hi, i don't want to hijack your question, but I just wondered if it takes you ages to convert an AVI file to a DVD?

Mine always to hours to "process" before the thing starts to burn. Maybe I am doing something wrong, or unneccesary.

Good Luck with your problems.

Bart

thanks for information. i only download avi's, never use mpeg videos. videos play perfectly on computer with either mplayer or vlc. also some of these movies transfer via toast from avi to dvd ready with perfect audio. some others have perfect video and NO audio. i'll try to check what you suggest to determine what the audio source is. i'll post it later if it seems to be something that might give you information that would help me. thanks again

Make sure to get your A52 codec from <http://trac.cod3r.com/a52codec/>. This is the latest, and solved your exact problem for me. Others are obsolete.

Allan

I posted a suggestion for some problems of this type:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...mp;#entry113340

In fact, I've had some instances where an AVI file _already_ had an mp3 soundtrack, but a DVD burned with the file had no sound (both DivX and DVD-video format). After processing the AVI file with DivXWMAConverter, the problem was solved.

Worth a try.