EMC9 Install Error

breezesan

Question

I recently purchased a download version of EMC 9.0. I have attempted to install it several time, but it fails with the error message "Internal Error 2738." My laptop is running Windows Vista Ultimate. I have IE 7.0.6000 and Firefox 1.5.0.9 (default) browser installed. Can anyone provide some illumination into this problem.

Thanks in advance.

14 answers to this question

Can you check if the download is correct?

The Program section should be 592 MB (621,500,711 bytes)

Content should be 336 MB (353,257,786 bytes)

If they are correct, try extracting to a temp folder anywhere on the hard drive and run setup.exe from there

Let us know how you get on or if there still are problems

My files size is 738 MB. The file is an executable and I assume it is version 9.05 since the file name is RoxioEMCDLXv9.05_R04efigsdj.exe. I hope this additional info helps.

Found this on a MSDN forum:

Jamie Hollingworth

Hi, found the problem. Vista for some reason dosnt register VBScript. What you have to do is first of all find where vbscript.dll is, mine was in C:\Windows\System32, but I think it changes dependant on your version. Next you need to go to start -> accessories and the right click on command prompt and click "run as administrator", next type "cd C:\Windows\System32" (replace the dir if its differnt for you) and then type "regsvr32 vbscript.dll". It should then confirm that vbscript has been registered and everything should work. This will fix a few installs, i found the same problem with itunes as well.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

James

Worked for me!

Sweaty

That'sd the De Luxe version and is round about the right size#

Open that with winzip or winrar (right click and 'open with') and extract the files to a temp folder and in there you will see 'setup.exe' - run that

Let us have some more details (CPU, graphics, RAM, etc)

It entirely depends on the problem - unzipping the files was to make sure that he hadn't got an incomplete or corrupt download

Additionally, IE7 can and does cause problems, also failing to turn off the AV during install can cause problems (every app you install does say 'close down any running programs' but people forget to turn off AV

Thanks! I'll try reinstalling with the AV off and disconnected fron the Internet.

Just curious though, what if I waited for the big fix (in April?) before installing? Is it a catch-22? Do I have to install EMC9 (problematic) before the fix can be applied, or will the fix be a newer version of the install cd image? I'd rather not disable the MS security patch so the dll will not be rejected, and I have an HP, and not a Dell. Seems the Dell patch on non-Dell machines is not supported....

Thanks for the help!

That'sd the De Luxe version and is round about the right size#

Open that with winzip or winrar (right click and 'open with') and extract the files to a temp folder and in there you will see 'setup.exe' - run that

Let us have some more details (CPU, graphics, RAM, etc)

I tried your suggestion; unfortunately, I am still getting the same error. My computer configuration (although not as impressive as yours) is as follows:

Dell XPS Laptop

Pentium M 2.26 GHZ

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 GTX (256K)

2 G Ram

93 G Hard Drive (20 G Free)

I have Visual Studio 2003 & 2005 Installed

I uninstalled Dell Media Experience (with Sonic OEM software) prior to install

The error occurs halfway through the install after the successful install of the 'Drag to Disk app'.

Thanks for your continued assistance.

Can you check if the download is correct?

The Program section should be 592 MB (621,500,711 bytes)

Content should be 336 MB (353,257,786 bytes)

If they are correct, try extracting to a temp folder anywhere on the hard drive and run setup.exe from there

Let us know how you get on or if there still are problems

Thanks! I'll try reinstalling with the AV off and disconnected fron the Internet.

Just curious though, what if I waited for the big fix (in April?) before installing? Is it a catch-22? Do I have to install EMC9 (problematic) before the fix can be applied, or will the fix be a newer version of the install cd image? I'd rather not disable the MS security patch so the dll will not be rejected, and I have an HP, and not a Dell. Seems the Dell patch on non-Dell machines is not supported....

Thanks for the help!

:unsure: You refer to 'the DELL Patch' and it appears that this is something that may solve some issues that are discussed in this Formum. Will you please respond and advise me where this 'DELL Patch' can be located and downloaded, please? :rolleyes:

Archived