sourceman

Drag to Disc Roxio 9 and vista

Question

I have Roxio 9 installed on Vista Ultimate. Seems not to be compatible. :angry2: Is this correct or am I just having a dream........ Would someone let me know :D

13 answers to this question

I trust you are aware Drag2Disc is NOT a safe way to archive files, being much better at losing them.

It has some uses, I am told, but am of the opinion I lost enough files that way already.

Lynn

I've not had a problem and haven't even needed to use the patch but I've always removed DTD right after installing EMC (7,8 & 9).

Install this patch for D2D:

http://docs.roxio.com/patches/d2d3290.exe

Keep in mind that this patch is for Dell users with Vista. The Roxio KB article describes it here.

If you don't fit the description and use it, you do so at your own risk, although I understand it from Stas and others that it does work…

Edited by james_hardin

If I want to keep anything - Creator Classic and R discs - never D2D or RW

You won't be able to overwrite the files, but the price of media these days makes it affordable to write a new disc as needed

hi!

I've just installed the Dell patch but now, D2D won't start automatically...! Is it ok ?

@+

If you insist on using it, that's probably the way you want it. Can you open it from Windows Programs Menu?

If you insist on using it, that's probably the way you want it. Can you open it from Windows Programs Menu?

no link from Roxio Creator DE folder (Programs Menu) but I can launch it from its folder \Programs\Roxio\Drag-to-Disc\...

@+

Open the folder in program files and find the drag to disc exe file. Then also open to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start\Programs\East Media Creator 9. Right click on the exe and drag it to the start folder and release. Select 'create shortcut' and iut will appear in the start menu

Edited by gi7omy

I just resintalled Vista (X86) Ultimate and got the incompatible driver message. I removed D2D, rebooted and no problem. That's the easy way as James stated, the fix is for Dell (which I have) but removing D2D will fix any version. You don't need D2D, believe me!

Open the folder in program files and find the drag to disc exe file. Then also open to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start\Programs\East Media Creator 9. Right click on the exe and drag it to the start folder and release. Select 'create shortcut' and iut will appear in the start menu

I don't have Vista but I ran the patch on my XP machine to see what it would do. I also found it removed D2D from the msconfig Startup options…

I just did what Daithi suggested and put a shortcut in my Startup folder.

It also did nothing to improve D2D over the original version…

hi!

I've just installed the Dell patch but now, D2D won't start automatically...! Is it ok ?

@+

I assume you will be back in due course, franticly trying to recover your D2D files after they disappear :)

Lynn