Sign in to follow this  
mistymartin

No Cd Key

Question

Anyone know how I can get a response from support? This is the second version of Popcorn I have bought as a downloadable version, neither of which came with a CD key number verification through my e-mail. As I live in Japan, I am NOT happy that I will have to pay for a long-distance call due to their incompetence. It appears that I have thrown my money away for a program I can not even open. Anyone with similar problems?

6 answers to this question

Anyone know how I can get a response from support? This is the second version of Popcorn I have bought as a downloadable version, neither of which came with a CD key number verification through my e-mail. As I live in Japan, I am NOT happy that I will have to pay for a long-distance call due to their incompetence. It appears that I have thrown my money away for a program I can not even open. Anyone with similar problems?

I agree totally that it's impossible to get support. I also bought Popcorn and the version I have received through software download was not the latest available at the time, and I can't download the update and can't get support.

I just tried DVD2oneX2 and it worked flawlessly, that's where my money is going.

D.

Desperate times call for desperate measures - I heard from someone that it was possible to find serial numbers for some products on the web. You might try looking there for but I've no idea if they would work, or even be safe.

Edited by sbr286

If you have questions, post to these forums... Roxio employees and members of the Toast product team read and reply.

The CD Key is always sent out by email when you purchase a download version, and it's included on a sticker on the back of the CD label when you purchase a boxed copy.

It's likely that you have a spam filter setup that caught the email coming with the CD Key. Look for an email from element5.com - element5 is the company that does the download sales.

Desperate times call for desperate measures - I heard from someone that it was possible to find serial numbers for some products on the web. You might try looking there for but I've no idea if they would work, or even be safe.

It's not a question or it working or safe... it's illegal.

We are unable to locate an order in our systems from the email address you have supplied. We have sent an email to that address with additional instructions how to verify the order and supply you with a valid CD Key. Please check your personal email.

Regards

Himanshu

Edited by HimanshuatRox

We are unable to locate an order in our systems from the email address you have supplied. We have sent an email to that address with additional instructions how to verify the order and supply you with a valid CD Key. Please check your personal email.

Regards

Himanshu

I just bought popcorn from element5. The download was version 1.02. I don't understand why you don't put the latest version in the download link.

I received the cd key per email and input this in the application. It was accepted fine. Then I registered on the roxio site and tried to register popcorn. When entering the CD key there I received an error message informing me that the CD key was already in use. I want to know how I can update to the latest version of popcorn when you don't let me register the product? Please someone from roxio help.

I just bought popcorn from element5. The download was version 1.02. I don't understand why you don't put the latest version in the download link.

I received the cd key per email and input this in the application. It was accepted fine. Then I registered on the roxio site and tried to register popcorn. When entering the CD key there I received an error message informing me that the CD key was already in use. I want to know how I can update to the latest version of popcorn when you don't let me register the product? Please someone from roxio help.

We apologize for inconveniece. Please check your personal email.

Thanks

Himanshu