Out Of Memory Message

elmolincoln

Question

I'm working with Sound Editor in EMC 8. Recently, while editing a project I've been working on for the past few weeks, I've been getting a windows message saying "out of memory." I have 2 gigs of RAM, and about 250 gigs free on my hard disk. THe project I'm working on is about 10 minutes worth of audio so far. There's no size limit on audio files, is there? What's going on here? I've tried restarting the computer. Analysis says there's no need to defrag. What kind of memory is this talking about? RAM? Is there a way to allocate more of my RAM to EMC/Sound Editor? I mean, 2 gigs should be overkill, right?

1 answer to this question

My CPU usage is only 3 percent, by the way. If anyone has any suggestions, I could really use the help. It's quite possible it's some cache on my system I need to clear ... I'm just not really familiar with those issues. I've used videowave to work on files much larger than this Sound Editor project and have never run into anything like this. When the message comes up, I'm not able to continue working on the project. And I'm running up against a deadline on this ...

Archived