Cannot Burn Movie

ndillon98

Question

7 answers to this question

I have a movie on my computer that is 508MB

When I try to burn to a VCD, the software shows "used space 1004.3 MB, 301.2 more than available"

How do I make the movie fit onto the CD?

File size means nothing when it comes to video. The time length is what is most important. You will have to split the movie into 2 to make it fit over 2 CDs. The quality of VCDs is of course very poor compared to DVD. You might be better off investing ina DVD burner, VCDs are on the way out. I think a VCD will only hold 40-50 minutes of video.

I have a movie on my computer that is 508MB

When I try to burn to a VCD, the software shows "used space 1004.3 MB, 301.2 more than available"

How do I make the movie fit onto the CD?

I don't understand the difference in the file size. Go here and download this free excellent software http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html it is called TMPGEnc Version 2.524.

Then do this, Under file,mpeg tools, merge and cut tab split the file in half and try loading it again. I have did this many times in TMPGEnc and it is FAST, but you cannot split SVCD this way.

cdanteek

I don't understand the difference in the file size. Go here and download this free excellent software http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html it is called TMPGEnc Version 2.524.

Then do this, Under file,mpeg tools, merge and cut tab split the file in half and try loading it again. I have did this many times in TMPGEnc and it is FAST, but you cannot split SVCD this way.

cdanteek

You can split mpeg1 (VCD) and mpeg2 (SVCD and DVD) files using TEMPGenc.

You can split mpeg1 (VCD) and mpeg2 (SVCD and DVD) files using TEMPGenc.

The free version TMPGEnc converts AVI file to MPEG1 note: MPEG-2 support expires after 30 days.

I bought the mpeg2 plugin for this years ago. It would not split a existing file in svcd. It would let you author to a target size in svcd say a large avi file, and split that way.

I still don't understand the file size difference unless it's not a mpeg1 compliant vcd file, and Roxio is changing it into one and makes it larger. If it's not mpeg1 compliant file TMPGEnc will not except it for the split either. I would guess that is the case.

cdanteek

The free version TMPGEnc converts AVI file to MPEG1 note: MPEG-2 support expires after 30 days.

I bought the mpeg2 plugin for this years ago. It would not split a existing file in svcd. It would let you author to a target size in svcd say a large avi file, and split that way.

I still don't understand the file size difference unless it's not a mpeg1 compliant vcd file, and Roxio is changing it into one and makes it larger. If it's not mpeg1 compliant file TMPGEnc will not except it for the split either. I would guess that is the case.

cdanteek

Time and encoding rate.

If the file is 508mb but encoded at a high compression rate or he adds a lot of animated menus transitions etc., it is going to go over the disc space available.

I suspect that he has a file that is perhaps 1 hour long recorded into mpeg with other software that results in a 508mb file. But it is still one hour long and will be rendered using standard encoding rates for a VCD (352 X 240 @ 1.15mbps).

Until we know more about the source file and project settings we are shooting in the dark… ndillon98 was logged on this morning but posted nothing further.

How can I tell you the specs on this file?

I tried it without any menus and it still will not fit on one CD.

I do have a DVD burner.

I burned the movie onto a DVD (it took many hours overnight!)

The DVD will not play on my DVD player - Playere displays "Error reading disk"

How can I tell you the specs on this file?

I tried it without any menus and it still will not fit on one CD.

I do have a DVD burner.

I burned the movie onto a DVD (it took many hours overnight!)

The DVD will not play on my DVD player - Playere displays "Error reading disk"

Glad you got back, we were worried!

Tell us where/how you got this file?

What is the play length of this file?

Use the Disc and Device utility to examine the file and tell us what it says about it.

What are the specs of your PC?

Can your Player play the type of media you used, 'plus' or 'dash'?

There is no extra charge for the information you provide. And there is no magic Make it work button you can click. You have to provide details and answer what has been asked before anyone can suggest anything constructive.

Archived