Dazzle DVC 90

Nick Lapenna

Question

This is my first time here.

Please forgive my ignorance. I do learn, with time. I'm only 69 right now.

I bought Creator 9 Deluxe with the Dazzle DVC 90.

I run Windows XP Pro on a Dell Dimension 9200

Desktop with all the latest bells and whistles.

The audio drivers for the Dazzle are nowhere to be found, I think.

I need "emAudio.sys" in order to install the Dazzle on my system.

Support is difficult to come by. Everytime I log on to support, my login is not accepted and I get a "ring-around"

What am I doing wrong?

12 answers to this question

Try here to download the package containing it.

It's not a Roxio driver but there are a lot of reported problems on other hardware about it being missing.

Grab the full .exe file and run it (after scanning with your a/v of course)

I too had the same problem - mysterious non-appearance of the Dazzle drivers - but unfortunately the solution suggested apparently doesn't work in Windows Vista :angry2:

New Vista Forum posted and new Vista X86 for DVC90 drivers posted here.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=19041

No X64 bit yet but will be posted as soon as they are made by the supplyers (Not Roxio)

You're all welcome - I didn't realise at the start that driver page was charging an arm and a leg so I hunted a bit longer and found the .sys file

Thanks from me too! I just loaded my little usb video capture device and got the emAudio.sys is missing messaga. a quick trip here got me going.

Gracias

John

why do you need to search for new drivers? roxio released news that it's windows vista compatible. i have a new (6 weeks old vista) pc. once you install the "new drivers" for dazzle, my creative sound card stops working, i can't capture video. i've been using roxio since release 4. i buy the full versions of these softwares. up until now, it's been ok. i have version 8 running on my xp computer.

this software is not worth buying until there are more patches that fix all problems. a lot of people are being taken.

:angry2:

why do you need to search for new drivers? roxio released news that it's windows vista compatible. i have a new (6 weeks old vista) pc. once you install the "new drivers" for dazzle, my creative sound card stops working, i can't capture video. i've been using roxio since release 4. i buy the full versions of these softwares. up until now, it's been ok. i have version 8 running on my xp computer.

this software is not worth buying until there are more patches that fix all problems. a lot of people are being taken.

:angry2:

First of all - the Dazzle interface is NOT a Roxio product - it may be bundled as a freebie but it's from Pinnacle

Secondly, Pinnacle supply the drivers - and they haven't released Vista ones yet

Thirdly, no Roxio patch will update Pinnacle drivers - after all, you don't expect it to update your graphics drivers which are just as inmportant in video work

I too had the same problem - mysterious non-appearance of the Dazzle drivers - but unfortunately the solution suggested apparently doesn't work in Windows Vista :angry2:

I placed the emAudio.sys file in the drivers directory and then get a failed installation attempt (even after manually pointing out the directory for Windows to search for a driver).

In addition, I tried to run a program that CS pointed out, DVC90.EXE from:

Download DVC90.EXE and that also led to a failed installation.

However, I checked the "Vista Pledge" page on Pinnacle's support website at:

Pinnacle Vista Pledge which promises a Vista compatible driver this month, so I guess I'll just have to wait them out and hope for the best.

Unless anyone else can think of another work-around?

Glad you both got it working.A good thing to do would be to follow Merv's directions and download PCLEUSB2.exe from Pinnacle's site.That will give you the whole set of drivers so next time you'll have all of them in one package.

Archived