VideoWave

rui

Question

could some please help me?

I have just purchased EMC9 installed it did all it said updated video card,, I have burnt a cd using drag and drop and that worked fine. when I open VideoWave and add photographs it just freezes. tried music that does the same.

Any help would be appreciated

19 answers to this question

Thanks for the response Jon. Unfortunately the article does not solve the problem. I have checked both the HP and NVIDIA web sites for updated drivers with no luck. The graphics module is integrated into my HP notebook so there is no choice to get another graphics card. And VideoWave still hangs when I try to do any editing. Any other suggestions?

Don't let gi7omy hear me tell you this. :rolleyes:

I was able to find an updated driver for an old notebook by going to Microsoft's update page and run the "custom" update. Try that to see if it picks up a software update for your video chip. If it is newer than the one you have, try it.

Normally the Microsoft update page is several months behind those you get from other sources but in my case, the update was two years old and my driver at that time was three years old. :blink: After updating, I had no more freeze ups and was able to use the hardware render mode.

I am having the same problem as RUI. When i log into VideoWave i get a message saying that I have an NVIDIA GeForce FX G0 5200 with the following message, "Your video card may be out of date. Visit the manufacuter web site to download an update.

When i visit the NVIDIA web-ste there is no update listed for the above device.

I have successfully used the slideshow wizard with the exception that the synchronize music with video button is greyed out. When i then try to edit the slideshow in VideoWave it freezes after a few mouseclicks.

I am having the same problem as RUI. When i log into VideoWave i get a message saying that I have an NVIDIA GeForce FX G0 5200 with the following message, "Your video card may be out of date. Visit the manufacuter web site to download an update.

I have successfully used the slideshow wizard with the exception that the synchronize music with video button is greyed out. When i then try to edit the slideshow in VideoWave it freezes after a few mouseclicks.

Hi Davido,

We have an article that addresses this error:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000072CR

Please let us know how it answers your question.

Thanks,

Jon

Might be just me Jon but this link doesn't load for me.

Hey Paul,

I loaded the thread in both IE and FF and clicked the link. It's a bit slow, but loaded fine for me. I'm using the latest FF and IE builds/versions.

Let me know if you continue to experince the problem and include your browser data, etc and I'll have someone off intranet test it.

Thanks for letting me know,

jon

Hey Paul,

I loaded the thread in both IE and FF and clicked the link. It's a bit slow, but loaded fine for me. I'm using the latest FF and IE builds/versions.

Let me know if you continue to experince the problem and include your browser data, etc and I'll have someone off intranet test it.

Thanks for letting me know,

jon

Must be my ISP at work as I've tried again with no luck. I also use FF but tried IE as well. Funny thing is the same thing happens in another link you posted in another thread so it's gotta just be me. Sorry for the bother.

Must be my ISP at work as I've tried again with no luck. I also use FF but tried IE as well. Funny thing is the same thing happens in another link you posted in another thread so it's gotta just be me. Sorry for the bother.

No bother at all, Paul.

If you have time at home, give it a try. Want to make sure other folks aren't getting blocked. :ninja:

Take Care,

jon

Thanks for the response Jon. Unfortunately the article does not solve the problem. I have checked both the HP and NVIDIA web sites for updated drivers with no luck. The graphics module is integrated into my HP notebook so there is no choice to get another graphics card. And VideoWave still hangs when I try to do any editing. Any other suggestions?

could some please help me?

I have just purchased EMC9 installed it did all it said updated video card,, I have burnt a cd using drag and drop and that worked fine. when I open VideoWave and add photographs it just freezes. tried music that does the same.

Any help would be appreciated

Not sure what you said. The message should NOT have said Updated video card". It may have said to update your video card. It is difficult to trouble shoot your problems with a Q&A session (or many :rolleyes: ). First post your computer specs including your video card. Do you have an on-board chip or card for video? Update Microsoft's DirectX. 9c

Freezes are a sign of inadequate or outdated video set up. Open VideoWave and then go to the top menu Tools>Options and run the Display test. Where is the dot after the test is run - near hardware or software? If it is near hardware, move it to software and try making a slide show again.

When you installed the program, did you have your anti-virus off? Did you install it to a defragged hard drive with plenty of space. Did you check for malware?

Try doing a repair install from Windows Add remove programs if you did the above and still have problems.

Therein lies the problem - I wouldn't put 9 on my laptop as it only has 64 MB of shared RAM for graphics - I have 7.5 on that and keep 9 for the main machine

You may just be able to get 9 to work if you go to tools, options and switch to software rendering. You will lose some of the transitions tho

I need your help i lnow nothing about computers.

4 DIMM sockets

Storage 120GB Ultra DMA hard drive (7200rpm)

incl. 4GB partition for system recovery

DVD drive 16x max.

HP DVD-writer +R/+RW 4x

Floppy drive 3.5'' 1.44MB

7in1 memory card reader

Communication V92-ready modem

10/100BT network interface

Video NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5200

128MB video memory

Hauppauge WinTV-PVR TV and FM radio tuner

Sound Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2

Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers with subwoofer

Accessories HP Media Center wireless keyboard and optical

mouse

Monitor (buy separately):

HP Pavilion f1703 17" LCD with external speakers

Digital camera dock holder

HP Media Center Remote Control

Ports & expandability 5 expansion bays (free: 1 x 3.5'' internal)

1 AGP

3 PCI

6 USB 2.0 ports (2 in front)

2 Firewire Interface-IEEE-1394 (1 in front)

1 parallel port

1 serial port

Front Audio

Video-In

TV out

Additional information P/N : DN168A #ABU

UPC/EAN code : 8 29160-02167 6

Weight : 15.9 kg

23 kg packed

Dimensions: 210 x 378 x 378 mm

495 x 495 x 533 mm

packed

this is my computer

i have increased memory by 512mb.

I did convert audio to mp3s,

also made a cinimagic video worked ok.

but when i went into videowave it just frooze.

please.

what do you sugest to solve it?

i ave norton running

everything works apart from videowave.

For starters - never EVER put your e-mail in any public forum. These boards get trawled by spider bots and all that will happen is you will get a LOT of spam as your address gets added to a spammers' list

In the meantime - the 'update drivers' is probably telling you that you need to update the video drivers for your card. Go here and download and install them:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71.html

Also, when making any DVD, first of all close down ALL running programs (messengers, etc) and also defragment the hard drive.

Archived