Audio Capture with Toshiba Laptop

PoetikOne

Question

I seem to have the same problem. I just bought emc9 and I am unable to capture any streaming audio. I am running windows xp. I am only given three options to capture from....line, mic and cd. My audio card is Realtek and I have a toshiba laptop.............................................please help!

4 answers to this question

Sknis.....

Unfortunately I am unable to capture anything. I have realtek as my sound chip! I tried the MIC setting and I can barely hear anything. Someone had suggested a USB soundcard....but what do I do next with the sound card...any ideas?

Sknis.....

Unfortunately I am unable to capture anything. I have realtek as my sound chip! I tried the MIC setting and I can barely hear anything. Someone had suggested a USB soundcard....but what do I do next with the sound card...any ideas?

Have you checked in Volume Control to make sure the MIC settings are correct.

I seem to have the same problem. I just bought emc9 and I am unable to capture any streaming audio. I am running windows xp. I am only given three options to capture from....line, mic and cd. My audio card is Realtek and I have a toshiba laptop.............................................please help!

I have a Toshiba (Satellite Pro) also but I have the SoundMax audio chip. I'm not sure how you are trying to capture the streaming audio so please forgive me if you have already done this.

Open "Easy Audio Capture." Now tune to that streaming audio and, under input, select each of the options you have. If you see the sound bars juming up and down (with the volume up), then that will capture the audio. With my laptop, I can capture with Microphone, Wav Out Mix, and Mono Out. Did you try capturing using MIC?

I'd say you're probably going to have a problem capturing audio.The 3 choices you're given won't do it.You need something like "What you hear" or "Wav".There are choices called other things that will work depending on your card.

The problem here is probably that it's a laptop with a sound chip and not a card.The choices you have are limited and won't allow you to do what you're trying to do.Try all 3 choices and see if any work.If not then your only alternative may be to get a USB external soundcard if you're really intent on doing this.

Archived