msltechie

Disc Image Loader will not load ISOs without Volume Label

Question

Hello,

I have EMC 8.0, fully patched. I have a few ISO images that will not load with Disc Image Loader. For some reason, any ISO image that does not have a volume label will not load. When I look at the loaded physical disc specs, a volume label does exist. Is there any way to add a label to my ISOs after they are created? If not, is there a setting in EMC8 that will let me copy the volume label from the CD? These discs are not copy-protected; they are misc sets of files from a school instructor. Thanks.

Mike Levy

3 answers to this question

Usually the default volume label is a string of numbers, but if you get a copy of Ultraiso you can edit the iso from that and save it with the new label.

The only other way would be to extract the iso with winrar to a folder and then create a new iso with the required label from the folder contents

Usually the default volume label is a string of numbers, but if you get a copy of Ultraiso you can edit the iso from that and save it with the new label.

The only other way would be to extract the iso with winrar to a folder and then create a new iso with the required label from the folder contents

Thanks very much; if ultraISO is freeware, I'll try it. Just FYI, I saved it as a .c2d and it worked fine. That's not ideal, but it'll do. Thanks again.

Mike

Ultraiso isn't free I'm afraid - it's a fairly powerful program that can make/extract isos and also change different formats to .iso (.nrg, .ccd, bin/cue, etc)

However, Winrar can extract from iso to a folder (if you have it installed, right click on the iso and 'extract to..')