bazpalmer

Image Loader

Question

I have previously been using Image Loader to load disc images into a virtual drive which I had previously created in Image Loader. When I came to load an image the other day it said that no emulated drive was available would I like to create one. Then I got the message that it was unable to create one. On checking in device manager the emulated drive was disabled. I tried to re-enable but was not able to. Has anyone else had this problem, and has anyone found a cure? :)

12 answers to this question

I have previously been using Image Loader to load disc images into a virtual drive which I had previously created in Image Loader. When I came to load an image the other day it said that no emulated drive was available would I like to create one. Then I got the message that it was unable to create one. On checking in device manager the emulated drive was disabled. I tried to re-enable but was not able to. Has anyone else had this problem, and has anyone found a cure? :)

I am no familiar with Image Loader.......is this a Mac based program, because you have posted your problem on the Roxio EMC 8 board, which is a Windows based program.

Ogdens,it's part of Tools in V8.It's used to make a virtual drive on your hard drive for reading images of discs.Why this person can't make a drive I'm not sure.I just created one on my system,no problem.

If I try to add a virtual disc, it causes a device driver error and my system reboots - I know it's a device driver error because Windows greets me with an option to send the report to Microsoft upon reboot.

Anyone else experience that?

If I try to add a virtual disc, it causes a device driver error and my system reboots - I know it's a device driver error because Windows greets me with an option to send the report to Microsoft upon reboot.

It looks like this is not very common. I don't see any other topics on it, or recall it coming up when the old boards were in use. So it appears no-one has any ideas to give you to try. You'll probably have to contact Roxio Tech Support to see what you can get for assistance.

It is assigning a directory letter that is not being currently being used???

Edited by jmcoleman01

Try deleting/uninstalling the disabled drive in device manager and then try to create an emulated drive by launching Disc Image Loader.

Try deleting/uninstalling the disabled drive in device manager and then try to create an emulated drive by launching Disc Image Loader.

Many thanks. It worked a treat. Why didn't I think of that? Much better than Roxio support solution which involved editing the registry, and still didn't work. :)

I am experiencing the same problem on my machine. Online roxio web help tells me I need to call support. But I don't give anyone my credit card number anymore before they give me a solution that works. I've been down that road before.

If you report the resulting blue screen to microsoft it sends you to this KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888321

Has anyone found a solution to this problem other than calling microsoft for a supported hotfix?

I am experiencing the same problem on my machine. Online roxio web help tells me I need to call support. But I don't give anyone my credit card number anymore before they give me a solution that works. I've been down that road before.

If you report the resulting blue screen to microsoft it sends you to this KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888321

Has anyone found a solution to this problem other than calling microsoft for a supported hotfix?

Did you try the solution suggested above by patatrox?

They won't ask you for your card number before they determine whether or not it is billable. I don't think that they would charge you for this one.

If you did have a problem that they determined was billable, and you told them that you would not give them your card number until they gave you the solution, they may not actually hang up on you, but I would. LOLLOL

OK the solution to my problem was to obtain the hotfix from Microsoft mentioned in the KB above. I was able to do this through my work without much hassle, because we are gold partners. I have no idea how hard it is to get this hotfix by calling MS.

I bet you could search the internet for KB888321 and find someone out there who has it for download if you have to have it. (But you didn't hear that from me :) )

Did you try the solution suggested above by patatrox?

Yes but there was no drive in the device manager to remove. That solution is probably only valid in that situation because the original poster had used the image loader at least once to create a virtual drive. I was never able to create one at all.

OK the solution to my problem was to obtain the hotfix from Microsoft mentioned in the KB above. I was able to do this through my work without much hassle, because we are gold partners. I have no idea how hard it is to get this hotfix by calling MS.

I bet you could search the internet for KB888321 and find someone out there who has it for download if you have to have it. (But you didn't hear that from me :) )

Yes but there was no drive in the device manager to remove. That solution is probably only valid in that situation because the original poster had used the image loader at least once to create a virtual drive. I was never able to create one at all.

I am glad that you got it squared away, and thanks for posting back. It will help other folks having the same problem.