• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Compilation / Encoding WONT Stop!

Jaygorzy

Question

The video compilation feature worked fine for a while, but now when I attempt to encode a video clip (in any format), the designated start point of the clip is recognized but the designated end point is not - the encoding continues on and on past the end point. Any suggestions?

4 answers to this question

I'm attempting to encode a video clip using the video compilation feature from an unprotected DVD; in any format (WMV, Divx); saving it to a file/folder on my hard drive. What else would you like to know?

"designated start/end point"???

Maybe you could supply a little more detail on what you are doing?

I'm attempting to encode a video clip using the video compilation feature from an unprotected DVD; in any format (WMV, Divx); saving it to a file/folder on my hard drive. What else would you like to know?

With that part of the quote, I think James is asking what you mean by start point and more importantly end point. That is "how did you select what part of the video to capture".

Remember we are not looking over your shoulder so please be more explicit. :rolleyes:

After adding the original video clip, I used the Preview / Trim Movie feature under Video Compilation to locate and designate start points and end points of the video clip I'm trying to encode. I used the slider to highlight the "start" and "end" points of the clip. When saving/encoding, the clip starts at the correct point, but does not stop at the designated end point and continues to encode the remainder of the entire original video clip, as if it did not recognize the end point I designated.

I should also mention that I have Roxio 8 installed on a second computer and, using this same method, it works fine (correctly recognizes start and end points)....so I don't think its "me". :) Both computers are running Windows XP/2

With that part of the quote, I think James is asking what you mean by start point and more importantly end point. That is "how did you select what part of the video to capture".

Remember we are not looking over your shoulder so please be more explicit. :rolleyes:

Archived