• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

mpeg2 - any new help?

Cigar52

Question

(I want to thank all those with their suggestions, but)

After countless trys at removing Roxio and Sonic I still get the No Permission - Bad Installation. What is the latest and has Roxio given a time frame on a patch?

When clearing the registry this last time I did notice a 3rd area under HKEY_CURRENT-USER (software) for "Sonic Solutions". Should I have also removed this?

Any help is appreciated!

20 answers to this question

(I want to thank all those with their suggestions, but)

After countless trys at removing Roxio and Sonic I still get the No Permission - Bad Installation. What is the latest and has Roxio given a time frame on a patch?

When clearing the registry this last time I did notice a 3rd area under HKEY_CURRENT-USER (software) for "Sonic Solutions". Should I have also removed this?

Any help is appreciated!

If your starting from scratch, I'd remove anything with Sonic or Roxio listed in the registry.

Last week tech support thought it might be a registry problem. As per their instructions I cleaned the registry and reinstalled with the same result "no permission - bad installation". Has anyone received a fix that works the first time tryed?

Last week tech support thought it might be a registry problem. As per their instructions I cleaned the registry and reinstalled with the same result "no permission - bad installation". Has anyone received a fix that works the first time tryed?

I can only add that from my personal experience with this problem, nothing worked for me until my third clean uninstall and reinstall. :(

Still no help and I am wondering if the only way to upgrade is to pay the $49.99 for the program (if that works at all).. I have found that other programs out there can accomplish things for which I had been using Roxio. Although the biggest problem is the learning curve, I have found others which have more features and depth to accomplish things I never thought possible with Roxio. I wish Roxio the best, but am convinced that they are going another direction and have left us all out in the cold.

Hope to see you all on another e-community as I have finished here.

Murray

:ninja::wacko:

I have been off the board for 8 days and wondering if anything has happened to resolve the "no permission - bad installation" problem... thanks

I would like to ask the same question!!!!!!!!! any new help

Whats decent dvd burner that i can use to add my own VOB main menu files and add a soundtrack

I have been very patient wiht roxio and now im just being ignored cuz ive tryd the "help" and nothing else works.

I thought nero but people say its crap too?

Now June 9th and no word... at least a tentative date would be appreciated!

This is my first post in over a week. The length of time is something that I have not done in the past 3-1/2 years.

The patch may be coming, but the lack of having it much sooner, by Roxio, is pure unadulterated bull**it!

I don't care about the Vista portion of it, because I feel that anyone who moves up to a new OS, without waiting 6 months to a year, is an id*ot anyway. It is my feeling that the issues with Windows XP won't be addressed, and it is hit and miss whether or not they will be addressed in version 10.

BTW, I have a feeling that I may be made invisible or banned, because of this post. I don't really care. It may make some folks happy. :)

Another, BTW. I won't be moving to Nero, because for video work, they really su*k, and I have no clue why folks would use that software.

This is my first post in over a week. The length of time is something that I have not done in the past 3-1/2 years.

The patch may be coming, but the lack of having it much sooner, by Roxio, is pure unadulterated bull**it!

I don't care about the Vista portion of it, because I feel that anyone who moves up to a new OS, without waiting 6 months to a year, is an id*ot anyway. It is my feeling that the issues with Windows XP won't be addressed, and it is hit and miss whether or not they will be addressed in version 10.

BTW, I have a feeling that I may be made invisible or banned, because of this post. I don't really care. It may make some folks happy. :)

Another, BTW. I won't be moving to Nero, because for video work, they really su*k, and I have no clue why folks would use that software.

There's that version 10 talk again. :lol::lol::lol:

I passed the 3rd install months ago.... I believe that I have tryed over 12 times at this point.

Not sure what I can say to make you feel any better but hopefully, the much desired update will be out soon.

i ahve payed that for the program and am having problems, paying for it does nothing to help, just mad eit worse for me cuz now i hvae NO roxio at all, i think this is disgusting, tech suppt reply str8 away when its an easy fix but im having problems as i dont have a reg key and im not getting any replys. i want a refund.

We could now all chill out and have a 'GPB', virtual Beer. :)

Hamms_Beer.jpg

It's time for this post to be closed.gif:lol::lol::lol:

cd B)

i ahve payed that for the program and am having problems, paying for it does nothing to help, just mad eit worse for me cuz now i hvae NO roxio at all, i think this is disgusting, tech suppt reply str8 away when its an easy fix but im having problems as i dont have a reg key and im not getting any replys. i want a refund.

You'll have to contact customer service for a refund. This is a users forum only.

Archived