craign924

My First Dvd

hello,

this is my first computer with burning capability. i used roxio dvd creator 6

to burn 4.5gb on a fujifilm dvd+rW 4.7gb

disc. the files i burnt were a mixture of

avi and wma.

when i went to play it on my Govideo dv1030

vcr/dvd player. I received the error "unknown disc". i checked the documentation for the player and it stated it would play DVD+RW discs.

so my question is what should i do now?

thanks,

craig

The first thing to try is to see if it plays OK on your computer. If it does, you player might have dust on the lens or doesn't like the "brand" or RW that you used. Fujifilm is a good brand. Start posting your questions with specific information on how you created the movie and thew details of your computer in the Creator 6 board.

Did you just copy those files or did you actually render them to be DVD compliant (with a menu and everything)? By your statement about the 4.5 gigs, I bet you just copied them to the disc. It doesn't work that way. Read up on the help files and tutorials. Good luck, you will enjoy the product once you are familiar with it. There are a lot of people who post regularly to that other board. :)

hello,

avi and wma.

vcr/dvd player. I received the error "unknown disc". i checked the documentation for the player and it stated it would play DVD+RW discs.

thanks,

craig

hello,

avi and wma.

thanks,

craig

http://www.govideo.com/Index.asp?GV=DV1030

Plays DVDs, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, music CDs, MP3 audio and JPEG image files on CD-R and CD-RW and VHS tape

Product Specifications

DVD Specs

• Disc Compatibility: DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, CD-Digital Audio (5" and 3.5"), MP3 audio files and JPEG image files on CD-R and CD-RW

I would contact Govideo, there seems to be a contradiction on the +R +RW product specifications.

cdanteek

hello,

avi and wma.

thanks,

craig

Craig,

I think the problem is not what TYPE of disc (+ or -) you used, but what you did with it.

Did you use one of the suite's video programs to make a VIDEO DVD out of those files? (it would turn them into a bunch of .VOB and .IFO files in a VIDEO_TS folder on the disc)

Or did you make a DATA disc with those AVI and WMA files just stored on the disc, and not converted to DVD? (and if you did, did you FORMAT the disc and use Drag and Drop to transfer the files, or did you use Creator in a data project to write the files to an unformatted disc??)

All players should play a VIDEO DVD

Some players will play AVI files off a DATA disc (especially DivX certified players) but not WMA files.

Many of the players which will read DATA discs won't read formatted "drag'n'Drop" discs

Please come back and tell us what sort of disc you made, and with which program.