Two DVD Programs?

slo_byrne

Question

I've been using EMC7 for 4 years, and I'm ok with it. Always works for me, somewhat limited but it works.

I recently introduced a Plextor M402U ConvertX into my system. It came with WinDVD Creator 2 [bundled]

which I loaded. Now, when I try to burn a dvd [w/EMC7] and click on DVD Builder or Create DVD nothing comes up.

I can operate all other functions no problem, just can't make a dvd. So, can anyone tell me if EMC7 is maybe conflicting with this other program? I read somewere that EMC7 may not function right if there were any drive emulating software or packet writing software programs occuping the same space. Does WinDVD fall into this catagory. Also, if I uninstall WinDVD will I be able to capture video using the M402U ConvertX with EMC7. Thanks for reading.

Joe

3 answers to this question

Just for your information I have a new HP notebook computer that I am running EMC 7.5 on and I also have WinDVD Platium 5 installed on. They both are running perfect. The WinDVD program I have came with the new notebook and it is a "suite". I installed ONLY the WinDVD program and not the other suite programs (WinDVD Creator; DVD Copy 2; and Disc Master 2) I'm not sure if one of the other programs in the suite would have caused problems or not. If your WinDVD came just as the one program I suggest that it shouldn't cause problems with EMC 7. If your program disc or already install WinDVD came as a suite of programs you might try removing everything except WinDVD and see if that helps. I'm also running PowerDVD and it runs O.K. also.

Frank...

I've been using EMC7 for 4 years, and I'm ok with it. Always works for me, somewhat limited but it works.

I recently introduced a Plextor M402U ConvertX into my system. It came with WinDVD Creator 2 [bundled]

which I loaded. Now, when I try to burn a dvd [w/EMC7] and click on DVD Builder or Create DVD nothing comes up.

I can operate all other functions no problem, just can't make a dvd. So, can anyone tell me if EMC7 is maybe conflicting with this other program? I read somewere that EMC7 may not function right if there were any drive emulating software or packet writing software programs occuping the same space. Does WinDVD fall into this catagory. Also, if I uninstall WinDVD will I be able to capture video using the M402U ConvertX with EMC7. Thanks for reading.

Joe

I would say it the other way around. Is WinDVD coflicting with EMC 7? :) I don't think that it would. Did you by chance install IE7 (Internet Explorer 7)? It will render VideoWave and DVDBuilder useless.

If you did, roll back to IE6.

I would say it the other way around. Is WinDVD coflicting with EMC 7? :) I don't think that it would. Did you by chance install IE7 (Internet Explorer 7)? It will render VideoWave and DVDBuilder useless.

If you did, roll back to IE6.

Hi Grandpabruce, Thanks for getting back to me so quick. I am and have been using IE6, never 7. Think I'm going to uninstall WinDVD and try some experimenting. Thanks again

Joe

Archived