Downloaded version-EMC9 with the Dazzle DVC90

Whinason

Question

I've read several posts about the drivers for the dazzle DVC90 with no success in getting them. They simply do not exist in the downloaded version. I've tried emailing Roxio's support (don't laugh......) I've now learned this was a joke due to the fact they have not responded for two weeks now. Here's what I have:

Purchased the downloadable version of EMC9 Deluxe with the Dazzle which was shipped to me. No driver disc was present (ooooops.) Windows XP Pro with all the SP's and updates. I first installed the software. I then plugged the Dazzle in and surprise, Windows can't find the drivers.

I've gone to the DVC90 website, Pinnacle Systems, and you have to be a registered user to get them there. So, where do I go now?

I'm quite impressed with Roxio for this one. mmmmmmmmmm, sell a device with no drivers, yea!!!

Roxio? Anyone? Do I dare think Roxio will actually chime in on this one?

Can you tell I'm upset here......150 bucks for something that doesn't work!!

:angry2:

6 answers to this question

Thanks, but, nothing in that post works. I tried it all. Once again, my hat's of to Roxio for this brilliant packaging. :angry2::unsure:

Can anyone, anyone, who purchased the downloaded version of EMC9 with the Dazzle DVC90 let me know how they got it to work? This should not be this hard.

Anyone at Roxio want to step up to the plate here? Come on, you sold it, I would think you would want to help those who purchased it. I've tried to email support.......that was a joke. You guessed it, no response!!!

Thanks, but, nothing in that post works. I tried it all. Once again, my hat's of to Roxio for this brilliant packaging. :angry2::unsure:

Can anyone, anyone, who purchased the downloaded version of EMC9 with the Dazzle DVC90 let me know how they got it to work? This should not be this hard.

Anyone at Roxio want to step up to the plate here? Come on, you sold it, I would think you would want to help those who purchased it. I've tried to email support.......that was a joke. You guessed it, no response!!!

Well, if in the states you could try calling them during the day tomorrow, or one of the other options like live chat. EMC 9 support info is here.

Question tho, when you installed it, did it not create a C:\Drivers folder with some DVC90 files? Mine did, and I just pointed the wizard to there when it wanted the drivers for the Dazzle.

I bought the same version with the same results. Somwhere in earlier posts, there was a reference on where to get the drivers. I bought the version with Dazzle DVC90 because I have lots of analog videos I made over the years. I used Dazzle which saved me the hassle of going from an analog camcorder to a digital which has only a 1-hour cassette vs the 2-hour cassettes on analog. I went from Dazzle to my PC then converted it to PAL and sent it to friends in Germany. From what they say the DVDs were pretty good quality.

Now that you know that Dazzle works--after you get it going--let me see whether I have saved the drivers that I downloaded and which ones... Will try to do that ASAP

Keep the faith! EMC9 with Dazzle is fine ones you have it running...all you need is patience and a lot of time...

You're lucky that you haven't seen the system die on you with a message that your trial period is over...even when you bought a full version...which happened to me and some other folks.

Well, if in the states you could try calling them during the day tomorrow, or one of the other options like live chat. EMC 9 support info is here.

Question tho, when you installed it, did it not create a C:\Drivers folder with some DVC90 files? Mine did, and I just pointed the wizard to there when it wanted the drivers for the Dazzle.

Thanks Larry. It did not create a folder with drivers. I don't know what's going on. Maybe they changed the file in between the time you downloaded it to the time I did. I emailed a support ticket a while ago (late Feb.) No email has come to me yet, so I went and checked the ticket to see if it had been read. They replied with the same suggestion as the above post, then closed the ticket. Still did not work. :(

I re-opened the ticket, let's see if they come back with anything.

Thanks again Larry

I bought the same version with the same results. Somwhere in earlier posts, there was a reference on where to get the drivers. I bought the version with Dazzle DVC90 because I have lots of analog videos I made over the years. I used Dazzle which saved me the hassle of going from an analog camcorder to a digital which has only a 1-hour cassette vs the 2-hour cassettes on analog. I went from Dazzle to my PC then converted it to PAL and sent it to friends in Germany. From what they say the DVDs were pretty good quality.

Now that you know that Dazzle works--after you get it going--let me see whether I have saved the drivers that I downloaded and which ones... Will try to do that ASAP

Keep the faith! EMC9 with Dazzle is fine ones you have it running...all you need is patience and a lot of time...

You're lucky that you haven't seen the system die on you with a message that your trial period is over...even when you bought a full version...which happened to me and some other folks.

Thanks Cedarhill, I am looking forward to using the DVC90 for the same reasons you do. Hope you find the drivers. Talk to you soon,

Thanks Larry. It did not create a folder with drivers. I don't know what's going on. Maybe they changed the file in between the time you downloaded it to the time I did. I emailed a support ticket a while ago (late Feb.) No email has come to me yet, so I went and checked the ticket to see if it had been read. They replied with the same suggestion as the above post, then closed the ticket. Still did not work. :(

I re-opened the ticket, let's see if they come back with anything.

Thanks again Larry

Thanks Cedarhill, I am looking forward to using the DVC90 for the same reasons you do. Hope you find the drivers. Talk to you soon,

You could try downloading the drivers from Pinnacle's site directly. Others, like in this post, have said that worked for them.

Archived