video overlay please help!

ayehl

Question

Hi. I am a newbie user of EMC 8 and i am trying to do a photo slideshow for a bridal thing...i am wondering if it is possible for me to add a video overlay on the photos? I purchased overlay from tastedigitalmedia.com that was on a QUICKTIME format. Again, my question is can i use this as an overlay for my production? I tried and i cannot get it to work. Its driving me crazy. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Hi. I am a newbie user of EMC 8 and i am trying to do a photo slideshow for a bridal thing...i am wondering if it is possible for me to add a video overlay on the photos? I purchased overlay from tastedigitalmedia.com that was on a QUICKTIME format. Again, my question is can i use this as an overlay for my production? I tried and i cannot get it to work. Its driving me crazy. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I assume that you have the latest version of Quicktime on your computer - you'll need that. I know that V9 will take that mov file directly but I don not rember if V8 will. Try this.

Try putting that mov file (only) in VideoWave. Output that mov to mpg2 for DVD best quality using the film reel icon. Now try adding that mpg file as the overlay.

Some people have expressed issues with some mov files (me included). They play OK but the audio is not usable. That should not be a problem in your case.

Archived