ABEE

Backup MY PC Ver 6 and filters

Question

Hi

I have version 6 and I want to backup all files on my drive that have a doc or a wk* extension. Unlike teh latest version (7) I can not see how this can be done in version 6 - can you help ?

Thank You

5 answers to this question

Hi

I have version 6 and I want to backup all files on my drive that have a doc or a wk* extension. Unlike teh latest version (7) I can not see how this can be done in version 6 - can you help ?

Thank You

Don't know if you are going to like the answer, but the only way I believe you can do that in BUMP 6 (2006) is to exclude everything except for the types you want. Unfortunately that can only be done one file type at a time.

Hi

Thank You

Thank You for your reply - not good news but at least I know - what version gives me teh feature I want - or is there another better product

Thanks again

Thank You for your reply - not good news but at least I know - what version gives me teh feature I want - or is there another better product

Thanks again

I don't know of any version that does. I haven't used 7 so I can't vouch for that. As for a backup software that may do this, I am not sure, as I really never had the need for it. I always back up by drive or directory. I have tried other backup software, Norton Save and Restore, NTI Backup Now, and EMC (Dantz) Retrospect, and that is why I am using BUMP. Had too many problems with those, Especially Retrospect and Save and Restore, although Ghost works fine for me. Ghost though is whole drive backup.

There are others out there you might look at Acronis True Image, NovaBackup, and Stomp has one that is a copy of NovaBackup.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

I don't know of any version that does. I haven't used 7 so I can't vouch for that. As for a backup software that may do this, I am not sure, as I really never had the need for it. I always back up by drive or directory. I have tried other backup software, Norton Save and Restore, NTI Backup Now, and EMC (Dantz) Retrospect, and that is why I am using BUMP. Had too many problems with those, Especially Retrospect and Save and Restore, although Ghost works fine for me. Ghost though is whole drive backup.

There are others out there you might look at Acronis True Image, NovaBackup, and Stomp has one that is a copy of NovaBackup.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

May I ask, where do you get BackUp MyPC v7? I haven't seen it on Roxio's website? Is it compatible with Windows Vista?

May I ask, where do you get BackUp MyPC v7? I haven't seen it on Roxio's website? Is it compatible with Windows Vista?

Right now, to my understanding the only way to get 7 is with EMC 9. It also at this point does not include disaster recovery. As to compatible with Vista, I doubt it.