• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MP3 Track order

Track order for MP3

Question

I'm trying to burn an MP3 disk of a Talking Book. Talking books have to be in order by Track number, not track name. When I transfer the MP3 files from iTunes, they will only go into Toast alphabetically. Until Apple did an Archive & Install last night, I never had this problem. I have also re-installed 7.1.2 upgrade. I cannot find anything under Preferences to correct this.

Can someone help me solve this problem?

Thank you.

4 answers to this question

How are you adding the tracks? When I use the Media Browser to drag tracks from an iTunes playlist they appear in the Toast MP3 Disc window with the two digits ahead of the file name. This forces the tracks to stay in numerical order. The same happens when I add tracks by dragging directly from the folders inside the iTunes Music folder.

I am having the exact same problem as the original questioner, months later. When I drag the mp3 tracks from Itunes via the media browser, it shows them in alphabetical order only; nor does it display the first two numerals, as you say it ought to.

So, is there a way to preserve the sequence of each playlist when dragging to Toast?

DB

I am having the exact same problem as the original questioner, months later. When I drag the mp3 tracks from Itunes via the media browser, it shows them in alphabetical order only; nor does it display the first two numerals, as you say it ought to.

So, is there a way to preserve the sequence of each playlist when dragging to Toast?

DB

The problem is that an MP3 disc is an ISO 9660-formatted disc which places files in alphabetical order. You can create folders to keep certain things (such as an album or artist) organized.

I don't know why you aren't getting the track numbers leading the track names when dragging from the iTunes Library using the Media Browser. I can't avoid it. And the sequence is not according to the playlist but is according to the album's track number. Maybe your tracks don't have track numbers entered in the track's Get Info window.

Something you might try is to see how iTunes burns MP3 CDs. Set up your playlist the way you want. In iTunes preferences choose the Burning tab in the Advanced section. Choose MP3 disc. Then burn your MP3 CD. Does it force the tracks to stay in your order?

Thanks for the answer. Here's the result of my experiments:

One thing I wanted to do was burn several playlists onto one mp3 disc. Whereas Toast alphabeticises them all, iTunes will keep them in order. You have to put all your selected playlists into one single playlist, burn that and them divide them up later on the destination computer.

So the answer seems to be: use iTunes, not Toast.

Archived