• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error 0x80045203 In Dvd Builder

hambonei30

Question

I keep getting error 0x80045203 when trying to burn a DVD or an image file for that matter. I have version 7.5 but its the downloaded version, so I'm unable to get the updates. If there is a hotfix for this, I would appreciate any information on where to locate this. I have no problem burning this project with Nerovision Express 3, but I would like to use Roxio because of the Menu options. :)

In Burn Set Up

With Burn to Disc Checked

Error while examining drives

Result=80045203

When trying to burn Image File

Overall Status-Opening Project failed

Error Code=0x80045203

Current Operation-Finished with errors

Is there anything else that I should add to this to get a response? Over 500 views of this topic and not one comment? Anybody? Say somethin!

17 answers to this question

Where did this downloaded avi file come from.... your dv camcorder or the internet? If it contains copyprotected material, then EMC7 won't be able to burn it. There could be something in the file that DVD Builder cannot encode. I don't know what that error code indicates.

Will Nero burn the file to a DVD?

Its downloaded from the internet (not-copywrite protected) and yes Nero will burn the file to DVD.

Guest mlpasley
No, this is just a downloaded avi file that I would like to burn to a DVD with Roxio...I have no touble using Nero to burn it. Just would like to use the Menus that Roxio has. It should not be that big of a deal, but since I have purchased the software...I would like to be able to use it.

Where did this downloaded avi file come from.... your dv camcorder or the internet? If it contains copyprotected material, then EMC7 won't be able to burn it. There could be something in the file that DVD Builder cannot encode. I don't know what that error code indicates.

Will Nero burn the file to a DVD?

hi! im trying to run this fix but i cant find the file roxizap.exe at roxio.com can you tell me exactly where you found it? thanks

Hi there,

The download link for roxizap.exe is:

http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

As for me, I'm still hoping to get some replies to what I posted in this string the other day....

I've had these exact same problems, and I'm wondering if any of the other people having these problems have done one of the following prior to the problems occuring?

Run Windows Live Safety Center registry cleaner

Run TuneUp Utilities 2006 registry cleaner

Installed Windows Live OneCare

I'm guessing that one of these things caused some corruption with Roxio Media Creator 7.0 and 7.5. I haven't had time to fully investigate it, but since I did all three of those things before the problems started happening, I'm hoping other people can hope me narrow down the culprit.

Many thanks!

P.S. - please note that after I first submitted the roxizap link, I found out the link was dead. So, I just edited my above post with the correct link, which is:

hi! im trying to run this fix but i cant find the file roxizap.exe at roxio.com can you tell me exactly where you found it? thanks

Hi there,

The download link for roxizap.exe is:

As for me, I'm still hoping to get some replies to what I posted in this string the other day....

I've had these exact same problems, and I'm wondering if any of the other people having these problems have done one of the following prior to the problems occuring?

I'm guessing that one of these things caused some corruption with Roxio Media Creator 7.0 and 7.5. I haven't had time to fully investigate it, but since I did all three of those things before the problems started happening, I'm hoping other people can hope me narrow down the culprit.

Many thanks!

P.S. - please note that after I first submitted the roxizap link, I found out the link was dead. So, I just edited my above post with the correct link, which is:

Did you try reinstalling the software?

Have you fixed your problem....because I am having the same one. Open to any suggestions...

Been lurking, and checking intermittently to see if there was a solution, as I developed the same error a bit back, couldn't write to DVD and couldn't make an ISO.

Finally decided to just try reinstalling the patch for v7, before tracking down roxiozap and starting from scratch - and everything is working again. I figured I'd just try a "refresh" update, over the existing installation, as it couldn't get any worse than not working!

So rather than a full uninstall and reinstall, you might want to give that a try, either with the latest patch, or a full program reinstall

My guess is that one of the Microsoft security or malicious software removal tools munged it. I have not installed any of the items another poster was asking about.

David

Guest mlpasley
Its downloaded from the internet (not-copywrite protected) and yes Nero will burn the file to DVD.

Then I'm stumped. Have you tried a Windows Add Remove Programs\ Roxio EMC7 \ Change \ Repair? You've also got the downloaded version, so you could download a new copy.

I'd suggest that you drop a line to Roxio Tech Support because I don't know what that error code indicates. Sorry.

I had the same problem, using build 7.5.0.47 from a retail box. I downloaded & installed the patch to version .49 and the problem cleared up. It did require the CD to install the patch. I do not have any of the 3 tune-up programs mentioned above, but I do run Norton SW & IS, Spybot S&D, & AdAware.

Many thanks!

I just had the same problem and here's what I did to solve it. First, uninstall the whole program. Then run a program called roxizap.exe ( I don't have the link, but I found it at the roxio.com site - it a small 40KB program). Even though this says that it's for Adaptec (predecessor of Roxio) 5.0 and 6.0, run it anyway. Apparently it cleans out the registry and that's where the problem is (I don't know what the problem is, but it takes care of it). Then install the program again. It worked for me, I hope it works for you. Good Luck!

hambonei30: To add a little more answer to your original post. You suggested that you have the "down loaded" version of 7.5 and couldn't get the update for it and wondered about a "hot fix". If you down loaded your copy of the program there is NO update for the down loaded version. It already has the most recent updates. The updates are for the retail version only, as when the retail version was manufactured (and who knows when that date was) all of the latest updates were not included.

Another suggestion: Before running the "roxizap" file (assuming you will run it), be sure and completely back up your registry as the program might have other effects on your system that you might not want or anticipate. So be very careful there. If Nero can burn a DVD of your file, then there is no reason as far as the EMC 7.5 program is concerned, that it couldn't complete the burn also. What are the properties of the file you down loaded from the internet ? (size, filename and extension etc.) ?

Frank....

I just had the same problem and here's what I did to solve it. First, uninstall the whole program. Then run a program called roxizap.exe ( I don't have the link, but I found it at the roxio.com site - it a small 40KB program). Even though this says that it's for Adaptec (predecessor of Roxio) 5.0 and 6.0, run it anyway. Apparently it cleans out the registry and that's where the problem is (I don't know what the problem is, but it takes care of it). Then install the program again. It worked for me, I hope it works for you. Good Luck!

Try burning to File, which creates an ISO file.

Then use Disc Copier to burn that ISO file to disc.

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried burning to an image file, but as I stated in my original post...This is what I get.

Overall Status-Opening Project failed

Error Code=0x80045203

Current Operation-Finished with errors

Guest mlpasley

Did you make the project in VideoWave?

In VideoWave, can you do a File\ Output production to... Video file for DVD Authoring \ Best?

If there is an error in the storyline, the rendering will freeze near the time that there is problem. If it outputs, try using that in your DVD Builder project and let us know what happens.

No, this is just a downloaded avi file that I would like to burn to a DVD with Roxio...I have no touble using Nero to burn it. Just would like to use the Menus that Roxio has. It should not be that big of a deal, but since I have purchased the software...I would like to be able to use it.

Archived