• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Should I have bought Toast instead of Popcorn ?

Ken Lee

Question

I want to burn a DVD that I can play on my standard television DVD player. The source files are in VIDEO_TS format.

I bought Popcorn, and made a DVD. I can play the DVD on my Mac, but not on my standard television DVD player.

I already have Toast Titanium 6 - If I upgrade to Toast Titanium 8, will I be able to do what I want ?

Many thanks !

2 answers to this question

I want to burn a DVD that I can play on my standard television DVD player. The source files are in VIDEO_TS format.

I bought Popcorn, and made a DVD. I can play the DVD on my Mac, but not on my standard television DVD player.

I already have Toast Titanium 6 - If I upgrade to Toast Titanium 8, will I be able to do what I want ?

Many thanks !

It isn't the software but the DVD media that you are using. If you use cheap DVD media the resulting burned DVD will only play in certain DVD players. I use Taiyo Yuden CD/DVD Media and have no problems.... I hope this helps...

It isn't the software but the DVD media that you are using. If you use cheap DVD media the resulting burned DVD will only play in certain DVD players. I use Taiyo Yuden CD/DVD Media and have no problems.... I hope this helps...

How can I know which media will play in which DVD players ? Is there a list somewhere ?

Archived