• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

code error: 0x80004005

shaneread

Question

I have used EMC 7 many times before, but tonight, while helping my child with a project, we received error code while burning a DVD to a disc: 0x80004005. I went through Roxann customer support and was told that the error code had been fixed with an update. After following Roxann's instructions, my EMC said that "no updates were available."

Any ideas? you would make my fourth graders day as his project is due tomorrow morning. Thanks, Shane

16 answers to this question

I have used EMC 7 many times before, but tonight, while helping my child with a project, we received error code while burning a DVD to a disc: 0x80004005. I went through Roxann customer support and was told that the error code had been fixed with an update. After following Roxann's instructions, my EMC said that "no updates were available."

Any ideas? you would make my fourth graders day as his project is due tomorrow morning. Thanks, Shane

Do you happen to have IE 7 installed? If so, uninstall it thru Add/Remove programs. It will cause EMC 7 not to work correctly.

If not, what part of the program are you burning to the disc from? DVD Builder? Disc Copier?

Do you happen to have IE 7 installed? If so, uninstall it thru Add/Remove programs. It will cause EMC 7 not to work correctly.

If not, what part of the program are you burning to the disc from? DVD Builder? Disc Copier?

What's is IE 7? I am burning the home video from DVD builder. What is frustrating is that I have burned many dvds before using EMC 7, so I can't figure out what has changed on my computer since I burned one a few months ago. By the way, I am sending a note to my son's teacher today, so, I am sure we can turn in the dvd on Wed.

Thanks for the reply. Shane

What's is IE 7? I am burning the home video from DVD builder. What is frustrating is that I have burned many dvds before using EMC 7, so I can't figure out what has changed on my computer since I burned one a few months ago. By the way, I am sending a note to my son's teacher today, so, I am sure we can turn in the dvd on Wed.

Thanks for the reply. Shane

IE 7 is Internet Explorer 7. If you the auto update feature turned on, you have it on your computer and have to roll back to Internet Explorer 6.

You probably also have Windows Media Player 11, too. You need to roll that back to WMP 10.

Also, you should shut off auto update, if you have it on.

IE 7 is Internet Explorer 7. If you the auto update feature turned on, you have it on your computer and have to roll back to Internet Explorer 6.

You probably also have Windows Media Player 11, too. You need to roll that back to WMP 10.

Also, you should shut off auto update, if you have it on.

The only other temp. work around is

make ur dvd builder but burn it as an iso image on the drive not the dvd.

Then go back with dvd copier and copy the iso into a dvd

with the burn button option for the dvd.

I had same issue and no update has fixed it so i am

stuck doing it this way.

stuck doing it this way.

IE 7 simply "breaks" EMC 7 - also EMC 7.5 and 8, we have reports it breaks Version 6, and there are many, many other programs out there it "breaks" - it installs files that overwrite the contents of files needed by a number of programs to work, and the programs can no longer use the files.

It is a problem by Microsoft, and may be intended to try to force people to get their newest Operating Sytem.

Lynn

stuck doing it this way.

Thanks for this work around... I did the above but now I get an error when I copy it ithat says

"Write Error Illegal Request"

Has anyone had that issue before?

Thanks

I rolled back to IE6 and Media Player 10 & then burned a DVD and am getting the same error 0X80004005118 error: updating menu 1 of menu 1 (menu writing phrase). Now what?

I am using EMC 7.0 and never had this problem in the past.

Microsoft encouraged the use of a .dll library, so everyone was using the same .dll files. Then some companies (most notably Microsoft) re-wrote the .dll with a file of the same name and different contents, and nothing else using the file could run.

Removing the program that changed the file won't change the file back.

That's why you need to try a reapair install.

Lynn

Edited by lynn98109

Ok, switch the suite name, in my last post, to EMC 7.

You didn't have the problem in the past, because you didn't have IE 7 or WMP 11 installed.

Just wanted to let you know I followed your instructions and it now works. :D

The only problem I know have is that Storyboard keeps on locking up... :angry:

Have you tried the reinstall?

Yes and it worked. Thank you so much. Sorry I did not respond sooner, I was just able to re-do it this past weekend. :D

Now I'm having a problem with Storyboard locking up... :angry:

Now I'm having a problem with Storyboard locking up... :angry:

Do you mean the PROGRAM Storyboard?

It does tend to lock up.

However, Storyboard is really VideoWave. So open VideoWave and find your stored production using File\ Open.

By editing it in VideoWave, you should avoid the Storyboard lockup.

If you're getting Storyboard by doing and Advanced Edit in DVD Builder, you'll either have to save it more frequently by clicking 'Done' ( which is a timewaster)

OR take your DVD Builder production into VideoWave using these instructions http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=9277

The best EMC 7 program for editing pictures and video into a movie is VideoWave. Once you're done editing, take it into DVD Builder using the DVD button.

It does tend to lock up.

However, Storyboard is really VideoWave. So open VideoWave and find your stored production using File\ Open.

If you're getting Storyboard by doing and Advanced Edit in DVD Builder, you'll either have to save it more frequently by clicking 'Done' ( which is a timewaster)

OR take your DVD Builder production into VideoWave using these instructions http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=9277

The best EMC 7 program for editing pictures and video into a movie is VideoWave. Once you're done editing, take it into DVD Builder using the DVD button.

It does tend to lock up.

Thank you once again for your reply. In the past I tried doing what you said by using VideoWave, but I have problems locking up in that area too. I was working on a video today and Storyboard locked up on me. I got out of it and all my photos and videos were still in DVD Builder so I saved it. However, when I reopened DVD builder half of my photos and videos where gone. This is very frustrating. Any more help you can give me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks