• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

ERROR MESSAGE

jmcastell2

Question

I have un-installed and re-installed my Roxio Creator 8.2 (I think) and when I try to copy a DVD to burn, I get this error message:

Roxio Creator has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This is very frustrating. By the time I get home Tech Support is closed and I'm at my wits end. Can someone please help me? I will never buy another Roxio product. I've been trying to get this software to work for a month now. Please help!!!! :(

4 answers to this question

Another point - if the DVD is a commercial movie, EMC will not copy it (nor will any other program)

To clarify:

There are lots of other programs which will break protection and copy a commercial DVD, but that's illegal in the US which is why Roxio/Sonic programs won't copy them.

For the same reason we can't discuss ways to break protection here, no matter how interesting they might be.

:angry:

We'd need a few more details - that is a standard MS error message btw and not a specific Roxio one.

What way are you trying to copy? Are you rendering an avi file, copying a data DVD or what? What program in the suite are you using?

Another point - if the DVD is a commercial movie, EMC will not copy it (nor will any other program)

i have a dell p4 win xp pro and i have roxio 8 when i click on the icon the program opens after it's open i am getting a bar that pop up that read roxio creator has encountered a problem and needs to close

error signature

appname: roxio_central.exe appver:3.3.71.0 modname: pxafs.dll

modver:3.0.88.500 offset:000017ba

Archived