MyDVD9

beaglestar

Question

Hi I had xp and upgraded to vista. I had mydvd and it worked until I upgraded. I use if for Tivo. It is the only software you can use for tivo and burning to dvd. Anyway. I call Roxio and they stated it would not work for Vista and that MYDVD9 would. So I purchased it. I went to burn and I got the same message. "This is protected by digital rights management and will not be added. So Mydvd 9 does not work either. Because I got that message also with the My DVD. Anyways. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Microsoft and they state it is Roxio. Because Vista is checking for Pirated software and Roxio's program is not telling it that this is not pirated software so Vista is blocking everything. Has anyone else had this problem or an answer. Plus I can't get ahold of Roxio because their phone hours are the hours I work.

2 answers to this question

Personally, I'd get on the phone again to MS and ask them just what their OS is playing at. It's blocking a legit app so any stories they try to fob you off with claiming 'oh it may be pirated' are a load of hot air. It's their stuff that is causing the problem.

Can you imagine Ford telling you 'Oh you can't run your car with Brand X fuel because it may have been illegally obtained'?? ;)

This is a perfect example of the many paying for the few. MS has had to get into bed with the other 'big guys' such as Sony and the like and act like they are working to stem the tide of pirated music etc. Yet, everyone suffers. Right now it's Vista but they're even trying to make XP spy as well.

Archived