Sign in to follow this  
jdhamb@yahoo.com

Audio Not Transferred To Dvd

Question

I am hoping I did something silly and it is an easy fix but when burning in MyDVD none of my audio (menu or slideshow) ended up on the DVD. It worked perfectly in "preview" but the resulting DVD is silent. This makes for a pretty boring slideshow. Help???

3 answers to this question

I am hoping I did something silly and it is an easy fix but when burning in MyDVD none of my audio (menu or slideshow) ended up on the DVD. It worked perfectly in "preview" but the resulting DVD is silent. This makes for a pretty boring slideshow. Help???

You are probably going to be correct about a simple fix but that fix may be hard to find without additional information. When you went to burn in MyDVD, what option did you check? Try unchecking the burn to disc (and create folders) and select create image (iso) file. Let the process complete and then navigate to the iso file and double click on it. This will open disc copier. Copy the iso image to the disc. Do this on an RW just in case you have a different problem. :)

This didn't work when I did it with DVD+R but I'll pick up some RWs and try it. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. The only thing I can think of is that I am using audio files in iTunes's format (taking them from my iTunes Library). Is that not compatible? Does that even matter? Like I said, it works fine in preview.

This didn't work when I did it with DVD+R but I'll pick up some RWs and try it. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. The only thing I can think of is that I am using audio files in iTunes's format (taking them from my iTunes Library). Is that not compatible? Does that even matter? Like I said, it works fine in preview.

Ahh, new information. The program will play but not burn unsupported formats (according to the help files). Rip that audio in either .wav or mp3. You may have to put those musical cuts on a cd and then rip them back to your hard disc in .wav format.